The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

iFrame for Sign Up page?

Highlighted

iFrame for Sign Up page?

We're launching a new website in a few weeks and I've found that the code CC provides to embed the sign up page/field conflicts with our CMS.    More specficially, our CMS misinterprets the script for the form field and ends up displaying two other form fields under it, each with values pre-filled in them.  Looking at the source code, I see input tags with those same values that appear in the additional form fields:

<input type="hidden" name="m" value="1101953134052">
<input type="hidden" name="p" value="oi">

I'm not a programmer and/or adept enough to troubleshoot this.  So, I was thinking maybe pulling the actual subscription page for my CC account into in iFrame might work.  Would it?  If so, I can't seem to find the URL specific to my account.

Or if this can be an easy fix with a different HTML code, I'll gladly take it if you can provide it.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Brett

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Hi Brett,   The form we

Hi Brett,

The form we provide is not able to be included as an iFrame as it is a pop up window and the URI for that window changes based on the email address provided (I.E. it is dynamic).  You can acheive the same type of behavior if you use our API to create your own sign up form, however that does require you to have web programming knowledge or someone on your staff who does. 

Your best course of action may be to contact your CMS support staff and work with them on why the form is not being processed correctly.  Unfortunately we are not able to trouble shoot conflicts with CMS systems as there are almost no scenarios where Constant Contact can provide or implement a fix.

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Highlighted

Thanks, Dave.  I think the

Thanks, Dave.  I think the solution I'm going to use is to just create a generic HTML page outisde our CMS using the free code provided, dump it in to a live folder and pull it back in via iFrame.

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured