php-sdk 3.0.0-alpha: How to get $contactId (how to unsubscribe contact from specific list by email)?

Frequent Participant

php-sdk 3.0.0-alpha: How to get $contactId (how to unsubscribe contact from specific list by email)?

I am using php-sdk 3.0.0-alpha (because I need Guzzle 6 for the other packages/dependencies). There is method unsubscribeContact which requires $contactId (int - Unique contact id):

/**
     * Opt out a contact
     * @param string $accessToken - Constant Contact OAuth2 access token
     * @param int $contactId - Unique contact id
     * @return boolean
     * @throws CtctException
     */
    public function unsubscribeContact($accessToken, $contactId) {
        $baseUrl = Config::get('endpoints.base_url') . sprintf(Config::get('endpoints.contact'), $contactId);

try {
            $response = parent::sendRequestWithoutBody($accessToken, 'DELETE', $baseUrl);
        } catch (TransferException $e) {
            throw parent::convertException($e);
        }

return ($response->getStatusCode() == 204) ? true : false;
    }

But how to get that Id? For example, if I want to unsubscribe example@example.com from a specific list - how can I get the id of that contact? There is no method to get contact by email address. Also, the unsubscribeContact method doesn't receive any param to determine the list.

Thanks,

Filip

3 REPLIES 3
Frequent Participant

Ok, I found how: $contact->results[0]->id . This is not very intuitive, and I did not find this in the documentation / examples.

Hello @VinceS647,

The unsubscribeContact is going to unsubscribe a contact from the account it is not to remove a contact from a single list. If you wish to remove a contact from a single list you need to update the contact and just remove that list ID.

Also if at any time you are looking for a single contact ID you would use the getContact.

Regards,
Jimmy D.
Tier II API Support Engineer
Frequent Participant

Hello,

It's not Vince but Filip :)

Also if at any time you are looking for a single contact ID you would use the getContact.

getContact method requires contact ID so it cannot be used to get a single contact ID:

/**
     * Get contact details for a specific contact
     * @param string $accessToken - Constant Contact OAuth2 access token
     * @param int $contactId - Unique contact id
     * @return Contact
     * @throws CtctException
     */
    public function getContact($accessToken, $contactId) {

To get contact ID:

$contact = $this->cc->contactService->getContacts($this->token, ["email" => Input::get('email')]);
$contact->results[0]->id
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page