cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"There was a conflict between the supplied data and the existing resource" while updating contact

Occasional Participant

"There was a conflict between the supplied data and the existing resource" while updating contact

Hi,

Please help in the error. I am using constant contact php-api and I am facing the above problem, but it does not occur while creating a new contact while the same error occurs when I am updating a contact (when confirmed opt-in is turned on and the user has already confirmed the subscription). I dont get any error whether it is adding a new contact or updating an existing contact while the Confirmed opt-in is not used. I have already checked the email duplication its not the problem in my case so dont know what to do.

Please help me.

Thanks,

MAK

3 REPLIES 3
Honored Contributor

Re: "There was a conflict between the supplied data and the existing resource" while updat

Hello MAK,

I would be happy to help you resolve this problem. In order to troubleshoot this further, it would be a great help to have some of the details on your API request that is returning a conflict error. If you can provide some of this information, that will help greatly:

• Are you working with our V1 or V2 API?
  • Was your request made as ACTION_BY_VISITOR or ACTION_BY_OWNER?
  • What details of the contact are you updating?
  • Can you provide a code snippet showing your usage of the PHP wrapper for this action?

I do also want to mention that if any of the above information is sensitive enough that you would prefer to not post it on a public forum, you can also provide this information by emailing us at webservices@constantcontact.com. If you do email us, please provide your Constant Contact username as well as information on which contact you are having issues with updating.

Thanks,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer

Re: "There was a conflict between the supplied data and the existing resource" while updat

Posted a response on some of your other posts.  We mentioned this defect in our May release notes: http://developer.constantcontact.com/docs/release-notes/may-2014-rel-notes.html.  We are working on fixing this defect now and hope to have it in a future release.

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Occasional Participant

Thanks for the response, will follow till it is fixed.

Regards,

MAK