The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

sample forms

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

sample forms

Need help customizing PHP sample code to also send an email.  It this possible?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Employee

Re: sample forms

The php sample forms could certainly be modified to also send email campaigns, however the functionality to schedule the email is not currently implemented in those sample forms. In addition, permission to use our scheduling API must be obtained from our AppConnect before you are able to schedule emails. For more information on obtaining permission, please visit Scheduling and Sending a Campaign.

Please let us know if you have any other questions. Thanks.

David J

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

wilkinsr

I am using this sample form for one of your customers to put on their website.  Robin Wilkins.  username - wilkinsr.  They are wanting to land the contact in thier cc contact database and the sample forms does that.  THey also want the form to send them an email.  What kind of authorization is needed and can you help me with that?

Jenna Holland

Highlighted
Employee

Re: wilkinsr

The sample form itself would not send an email, but you do have options to get an email sent to someone who registers for your account.

1. Autoresponder - This allows you to send a series of emails to certain lists that have been setup to be part of the autoresponder series. Any new users that are added to the account under that list would be eligible to receive the series. As long as you have your signup box depositing users into a list that is setup to receive an autoresponder, they would be added to that series.

2. Welcome Email - This is a single email that is delivered to any new subscriber in the account (regardless of list) that has signed up using the opt in source "ACTION_BY_CONTACT". This email can be found in your account by clicking "Contacts > Join My Mailing List > Welcome Email".

3. Scheduling API - If our AppConnect team grants permission to schedule and send emails from our API, this would be an option for you as well, but would require quite a bit more customization than the previous two options. If you are interested in this, I would recommend reading about this here, and sending an email to our AppConnect team regarding this.

David J

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

php form

When the form sends the info to the constant contact list, can it also send an email alert letting someone know that there was activity on the site form?

Highlighted
Employee

Re: php form

You do have the option to send a daily or weekly email report on new subscribers to your account. You can find the options for the this email in your account under 'Contacts > Join My Mailing List' under the 'Join My Mailing List Report'. This will send your information on all new subscribers and unsubscribed that have joined the list using the opt in source ACTION_BY_CONTACT.

I hope that this is what you were looking for. If you have any further questions please let us know. Thanks.

David J

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured