The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

setting status on contact import

Highlighted

setting status on contact import

Hello all!

I'm developing in ASP classic (vbscript) and my client has a constant contact account with a master list in it.

I have this code which inserts the user into the constant contact list:

Set objConstantContact = New ConstantContact

objConstantContact.CCAction = "Add"

objConstantContact.CCMailingList = "List_Name"  '''' list name being the list created by the client that this code populates

objConstantContact.CCEmailAddress = Request("Email")

strCCResult = objConstantContact.CCSubmitRequest()

Set objConstantContact = Nothing

This works beautifully... but I'd like it to work BETTER.

In their constant contact account, they have a list that shows all users (The one i refer to in code as "List_Name"). And one column in that list is "Status" (meaning, in this case, whether they're full members, pending members, etc)

Whenever a new contact goes into this list, they all are automatically given a status of "Approved." This is not preferable. I would like them to receive the status of "Awaiting Confirmation"

I haven't been able to find any syntax examples of how to do that. Is this something that would be done on the constant contact end or is there a way to specify the insert's status in the above block of code?

this might be very simple.. but again, as i'm a constant contact newb, i might tend to ask questions that are very simple.

Thanks and merry christmas!

isosceles

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Employee

Re: setting status on contact import

I hope I am understanding your question correctly, if not please let me know.

The 'Awaiting Confirmation' status  is an effect of turning the on the "Confirmed Opt-In" option on in your account. You can do this by clicking on the "My Settings" tab, followed by the "Confirmed Opt-In" link on the right hand side. You can find more information about Confirmed Opt-In in this FAQ.

Another thing worth noting is that if you have Confirmed Opt-In turned to "ON", in order for contacts to be set to the "Awaiting Confirmation" status they would need to be added using the "ACTION_BY_CONTACT" Opt-In Source. Using "ACTION_BY_CUSTOMER" would set them to active and bypass the "Awaiting Confirmation" status altogether.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns regarding this.

David J

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured