The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

shooping cart/check out autoresponse

Highlighted

shooping cart/check out autoresponse

Please help

Is it possible to have clients that purchase items (and provide their email address) on my site to receive an autoresponse confirming their purchase?  If so, if the same person (with the same email address) purchases multiple times on my site is it possible for them to receive numerous autoresponses?  Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

The type of email you are

The type of email you are talking about is called a Transactional Email.  This type of one off email is not an email format Constant Contact currently offers.  Our emails are generally geared towards group/bulk emails as opposed to single use emails.  It is certainly possible to program the API to do this type of single send email, however the email can not be scheduled to run programatically (I.E. you would have to log in and manually schedule these emails) and you would end up with a very large volume of single send emails in your account.  It is generally recommended that you have your server that is processing the requests handle these transactional emails immediately during the processing of the purchase.  

We will update if we add functionality in the future for this type of email sending via our developer website and developer newsletter.  I have also provided feedback to our product management regarding this feature.

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured