The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

upgrade from V2 to V3 api.

Visitor

Re: upgrade from V2 to V3 api.

so, can someone tell me how, or point me to documentation that allows an app to integrate with one constant contact account. we do not need to get permission to a users account, we simply need to create contacts in our account. This was simple in api 2 cause you just created a token and hard coded it. So, can I pass my account credentials problematically and get a token?

Highlighted

Re: upgrade from V2 to V3 api.

Hi @WalterW1,

Regardless of who owns the account you must get permission to access it. In our v2 API you granted that permission when you generated the Access Token and then you hardcoded it in your application. The only difference is that our v2 API Access Tokens had a default expiration time of 10 years.

The underlying process in the v3 API of granting access to the account is still required; this time the Access Tokens have a shorted expiration time for security purposes.

If you go back to the v2 API and generate a new Access Token (or read through the oAuth docs) you will notice the step to login to the Constant Contact account and click Allow.

Regards,
Jimmy D.
Tier II API Support Engineer
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured