uploading a list and clearing old list

Highlighted
Participant

uploading a list and clearing old list

Hi there,

I have a question about clearing all the contacts from the list. I have a routine that is going to dump the customer data to a list in constant contact. This routine is going to run weekly, so there will be new customer data every week. The way I am going to do is clear out any contacts in the list before running the routine. Then, once the routine runs, the list is always going to have the new data. This way I am not going to email the same customers again. The question i was asked was what if the user wants to get the bounce back/open report for all the contacts. Since the list is going to be cleared out every week, they can't pull any reports for the prior data, correct? Once cleared from the list, the contacts are gone, right? Or is there a better way to do this without losing any prior contacts? Please advise.

The Bladerunner

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Re: uploading a list and clearing old list

The reporting data would still be attached to a specific contact as well as the campaign regardless of whether or not the contacts are still part of that list. So both of calls for reporting details should still remain intact for you even if you've removed those members from the list you sent to. For more information on these calls, I recommend reviewing Obtaining a Campaign's Results and Obtaining Campaign Results for a Contact.

I hope this answers your question. If you have any following up questions or need more information please let me know and I will be happy to help. Thanks.

David J

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Question- I am doing the same clear out the old contacts. Question- IF the person opted out will that infomration be captured upi cc or lost when clearred out?

Thanks

Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Hello,

Once a contact has opted out, he is removed from all lists automatically.  Clearing a list will not lose the fact that the contact has opted out.  There is also no way to clear contacts from the Do Not Mail list.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Benjamin Soder
NOC Analyst
Constant Contact
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Thank you!

Highlighted
Participant

Thats all I needed to know.

Thats all I needed to know. Thanks a lot David.

The Bladerunner

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact Would Like To Hear From You!

We want to hear from customers like you about your favorite features and how they have helped your business or organization. Tell us by answering a few questions in...

Read More
Featured