The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

url prompt me usernam and password

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

url prompt me usernam and password

Am new to CC

As per the getting started  page 

After  enter  the following 

https://api.constantcontact.com/ws/customers/{Username}/

where is substitue the username with my account user name 

am prompted for username and password,  despite entering correct  my accountusername and password  its not getting authenticated, Pls help  what I might be missing

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: url prompt me usernam and password

Hey, it sounds like you are accessing the API through your web browser, which is why you are being prompted to provide your login credentials. You could concatenate your API key and username as api_key%username and your account password to authenticate successfully, but ideally you would make your calls via a script running on your web host or server that can capture and store the information in our API's response. You can find some examples and wrappers that facilitate development among our code samples and if needed you can look for an expeirenced Constant Contact developer to assist you by searcing our developer database.

Mark Coleman
Support Engineer
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: url prompt me usernam and password

sorry for late posting ya am able to send contacts through the api keys rather than accesss the link directly through browser url

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured