using version 1 api Not able to retrive more than 50 contacts from Do Not Mail list

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

using version 1 api Not able to retrive more than 50 contacts from Do Not Mail list

to gel list members I am using 

Utility.getListMembers(p_contactLists.Link, authenticationData, out nextChunk)

but for Do Not Mail list its  giving same nextchunk value if members are more than 50 

so its going into infinite loop

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted

Re: using version 1 api Not able to retrive more than 50 contacts from Do Not Mail list

We recently opened up a bug on our side where some of the pagination on the version 1 API is currently getting stuck in a loop when doing next links.  This was inadvertantly caused by a change in time stamps in our contact database to only return milleseconds instead of microseconds for the modified time (which is what is used to create the next hash).  We are updating the code to account for this change so that the next link hash is unique even if the timestamps are identical.

Apologies for the inconvenience here, we are working to get it fixed quickly.  We're hoping to get this in our next release.

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: using version 1 api Not able to retrive more than 50 contacts from Do Not Mail list

thanks for reply.

what is expected date of release?

Highlighted

Waiting on an update from the developer we have working on this problem.  Once I have that, can get you a better estimate on a release date. 

Dave Berard
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Dave. This is delaying our implementation. So please let me know as soon as you know.

Highlighted

I did want to mention, this is not a problem with the v2 JSON API, only with the v1 XML API.  We are working to fix this, but these are older technologies that sometimes take longer to fix. 

Dave Berard
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Dave. We are aware that V2 APIs are more robust than V1. Our reason for delaying conversion to V2 is the newness of V2 whose full release was announced on 4/1/2013, Among reported problems since then are...

4/04/2013 http://community.constantcontact.com/t5/Developer-Support-ask-questions/API-v2-updateContact-problem...

05/17/2013 http://community.constantcontact.com/t5/Developer-Support-ask-questions/Bad-behaviour-while-adding-c...

05/01/2013 http://community.constantcontact.com/t5/Developer-Support-ask-questions/API-V2-Update-Existing-Conta...

I realize the irony in the fact that here we are reporting problems still in V1. I'm just letting you know that as a general rule our installation believes that it is prudent to wait for a reasonable period of time (no definition of reasonable provided) before converting to newer software.

I also understand and appreciate the situation from your side. Every resource you throw into supporting old software is resource that is not available for the new software. I do get it.

Thanks again. We await your update letting us know the fix is ready.

Highlighted

Wanted to get you a quick update.  We are testing a fix for this today and if all goes as planned, will be deploying it on our next weekly release which is scheduled for next Friday (8/30) morning EST.  Will be pushing out release notes early next week to confirm if this is fixed and to confirm the release date.

Dave Berard
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Is there an update on the progress of this fix?

Highlighted

We released a fix for this issue on 8/30, this should be resolved.  We also listed this in our release notes to indicate the problem and when we fixed it.  You can always follow along with what we're releasing and our changes on our tech blog here: http://techblog.constantcontact.com/api/release-updates/api-release-notes-september-2013/

Dave Berard
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact Would Like To Hear From You!

We want to hear from customers like you about your favorite features and how they have helped your business or organization. Tell us by answering a few questions in...

Read More
Featured