cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

v2 Adds contact but not address

Occasional Contributor

v2 Adds contact but not address

When I try to add a contact it adds it but does not add the address. I've made sure it's set to Personal but my output always comes up blank for the address. I just need to add the city and state. Here is what I have.

use Ctct\ConstantContact;
use Ctct\Components\Contacts\Contact;
use Ctct\Components\Contacts\Address;
use Ctct\Exceptions\CtctException;

$contact = new Contact();
$contact->addEmail($email);
$contact->addList('2087834845');
$contact->first_name = $fname;
$contact->last_name = $lname;

$address = new Address();
   $address->address_type = "PERSONAL";
   $address->city = "Sioux Falls";
   $address->state_code = "SD";
   $contact->addAddress($address);

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3

Re: v2 Adds contact but not address

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact API Developer Support.

Would you be able to verify that once you have added the address to the $contact object that it is added correctly?

Also, I'm wondering if manually setting the address might have a different outcome. E.g.:

$contact->addresses[] = $address;

Regards,
David B.
Tier II API Support Engineer

Occasional Contributor

Hi David,

Thanks for getting back to me. I tried manually setting the address and this is what I get for the $contact object.

Ctct\Components\Contacts\Contact Object ( [id] => [status] => [first_name] => Adrian [last_name] => Ilchuk [confirmed] => [source] => [email_addresses] => Array ( [0] => Ctct\Components\Contacts\EmailAddress Object ( [id] => [status] => [confirm_status] => [opt_in_source] => [opt_in_date] => [opt_out_date] => [email_address] => ailchuk@acce-online.com ) ) [prefix_name] => [job_title] => [addresses] => Array ( [0] => Ctct\Components\Contacts\Address Object ( [id] => [line1] => [line2] => [line3] => [city] => Sioux Falls [address_type] => PERSONAL [state_code] => SD [state] => [country_code] => [postal_code] => [sub_postal_code] => ) ) [notes] => Array ( ) [company_name] => [home_phone] => [work_phone] => [cell_phone] => [fax] => [custom_fields] => Array ( ) [lists] => Array ( [0] => Ctct\Components\Contacts\ContactList Object ( [id] => 2087834845 [name] => [status] => [contact_count] => [created_date] => [modified_date] => ) ) [created_date] => [modified_date] => [source_details] => )

It looks like it's all in there however when I go to view my contacts I see Adrian Ilchuk listed but the city and state are still blank.

Hello,

I'd like to look into this specific contact. Please email us at webservices@constantcontact.com and include the following:

• A code sample of how you are building this contact object
  • The username of the Constant Contact account you are working with

This way I can troubleshoot in more detail.

Regards,
David B.
Tier II API Support Engineer