The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

why does my preview, email sent and web view all look different?

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

why does my preview, email sent and web view all look different?

The view I see when creating an email does not stay constant with the preview and the web page view looks more like what I originally designed.  Is it possible there is a flaw in my account?  Is this a problem for everyone.  

I am frustrated that I design something that looks how I want and then when the email is sent out the formatting has changed.  

Please help.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: why does my preview, email sent and web view all look different?

Hello Sheri,

There can sometimes be issues with emails not displaying properly when they are sent out and received with an email client(Outlook/gmail for example). This is often due to the email client interpreting the HTML code differently than the web browser it was originally designed in. If you are able to contact our general support team, we will be able to help you address some of these issues so that your email will appear closer to how you have designed it.

You can contact our support team by email at support@constantcontact.com, by phone at (866)-289-2101, or on the community boards here: http://community.constantcontact.com/t5/Email-Marketing/bd-p/products

This specific section of the community pages is focused around developers making use of our APIs. If you do have any API or development specific questions, please feel free to reply to this post and I will be happy to assist you!

Sincerely,

Elijah G.

Tier 2 Support

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured