Additional Technical References
This page captures a series of references which you may find useful in your use of the Constant Contact APIs.
- Basic Authentication (http-auth) - The authentication scheme used by the Web Services API
- Atom Syndication - An overview of the Atom Syndication protocol, published by IBM.
- Constant Contact Community - An engaged community of Constant Contact customers discussing challenges and best practices relevant to small business.
Open Source Libraries
The following is a list of open source libraries that are maintained by the development community out there and will help you get started with your project. These libraries provide an easy way to utilize the Constant Contact API functionality by handling many common tasks behind the scene.
Perhaps you would like to provide contributions to these open source projects yourself and help improve them for other developers as well.
- Java Client Library
- Python Client Library
- PHP Library - Utilizes PHP5 and cURL library
- PHP Library - Supports PHP4 and PHP5. Requires openssl installed.
- Ruby Library - ActiveResource-like ruby wrapper to the Constant Contact API.
External Software Integrations
Have you built an integration between Constant Contact and an external application you would like to share? Would you like to see (or contribute) an example? Let us know! Here are a few we have come across:
- Zebra Car Hire - Uses the REST API. (The developer of this has built several integrations).
- urologychannel - Uses the Site Visitor API to manage a fairly complex set of contact lists.
- MindBody - Provides a direct integration between their web-based business management software and Constant Contact to create and manage email contact lists.
- Microsoft CRM Integration - A tight integration between Microsoft CRM and Constant Contact. Manage your contacts and emails directly from Microsoft CRM.
- Joomla Plug-in - Looking for a way to add a Sign-up form to your Joomla based website? Check out this option.
- Joomla and Community Builder Integration - Add/update contacts from Joomla website with Community Builder component
- Blogger Plug-in - Want to add a sign-up form to your Blogger BlogSpot.com? Here is a Mashup which enables that.
- WordPress Plug-in - Turn your blog readers into newsletter readers with this plug-in.
- Drupal Module - Add a sign up form to your Drupal-based website
- DotNetNuke Module - Add a sign up form to your DotNetNuke site
- Zen Cart Module - Add a sign up form to your Zen Cart website
Are you looking for some help in integrating your web site or application to Constant Contact, but lack the technical resources to perform the programming work?
While Constant Contact does not provide custom software development services, several companies have developed integrations for our customers. Constant Contact does not have direct experience with these vendors - please consider this simply a listing of developers who have expressed interest in performing development work for third parties. We encourage you to comment on your experience with these vendors - or others you have worked with.
Phone: m: +44 (0)7850 747923
Email James Benson
Comment: Provides PHP 4 compatible code for the REST API and a Drupal module as well as a Wordpress addon
Bill Peregoy (Freelancer)
Email Bill Peregoy
Comment: Has experience with Constant Contact Site Visitor API, our heritage API.
Independent Web Programmer, San Francisco Bay Area
Email Cliff Janson
Comment: Expert in Java and PHP; coded the Java Constant Contact sample REST API
Central Mass Web Design Inc.
55 Lake Street Suite 210
Gardner, Ma 01440
P: 978-632-5300 x111
Comment: Business Partner