More criteria for A/B testing

0 Votes

Subject lines are important, but since it is not a valid test unless only one thing is changed, your A/B subject line test isn't enough if I wish to test designs or different copy. Perhaps there is no way for CC to help me make that happen, but I wish there were a way to set up two designs and give the list I want divided into two randomly selected lists so that I did not have to do that on my own. Thanks for the listen!

11 Comments
TexasSHP
Rookie
Also being able to vary email message content to coincide with subject line would be a HUGE time saver for me.
HeleneR1
Campaign Contributor

I wanted to do an A/B test, basically flipping the Subject line with the Preheader as that's usually the next best text to use and test, yet one of them then will have the Subject and Preheader the same seeing as you can't adjust, basically redundant and will look like a mistake to some. (and have the preheader show in final review as others have already suggested.) Thanks

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @HeleneR1 what steps would you expect to take to add your preheader to his a/b testing? 

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hi @SusanC3074 being able to determine an A/B winner based on other other variables like your email content is a great feature request. I've opened this idea up so other users can weigh in as well.

HeleneR1
Campaign Contributor

One usually uses the valuable Preheader space, therefore, a real life a/b test should allow the preheader to be tested along with the subject line, not subject line alone. 

OutrightVT
Rookie

The A/B Test and Re-Send functions are awesome - but Subject Lines and Taglines go hand in hand. When we can't change taglines, it often makes us unable to use those features. Please consider adding this to the features!

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @OutrightVT when you say taglines, do you mean the preheader on your email campaigns? Having this clarification is important for us to have so your feedback is properly tracked and submitted to our Product Team.

OutrightVT
Rookie

Yes! I do, sorry, got my vocab mixed up. Yes, changing pre-headers would be amazing for a/b and for resends. :smileyface:

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Acknowledged

We're updating the status of this idea to more accurately reflect its current status with our engineering team and also made slight changes to the subject line in order for it to be more easily found. We can't guarantee a commitment to deliver on this feature request surrounding A/B testing feature but it should indicate some awareness that we have heard your feedback and could be taken under consideration for a future release.

SarahMW64
Constant Contact Partner
I've asked support for this at least twice before without success and have posted in the forum previously. I am now trying again: Please can you add more options to the A/B test time delay. Currently the options are 6, 12, 24 and 48 hours. Sending six hours later likely means the bulk of the mailing goes out late in the afternoon after a morning initial send; sending at 12 hours sees the mailing going out in the middle of the night; and it is not always optimal to send the following day because there might be something specific to announce. Also, I may be running late kicking off my A/B test on day one, but wanting to send it at specific time on day 2 - but instead I'm stuck with resending exactly 24 hours later. So, please GIVE US THE ABILITY TO SET THE TIME DELAY WE WANT in increments from 2 hours to 48 hours. (In order to send at the time I want, I generally run the A/B test to a portion of our list, then rebuild the list removing those already mailed so as to send at the time I want -- and that is a waste of time when sending, and makes the analytics later unnecessarily complicated.)
Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More