Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Ability to edit HTML in email campaign

Arghh not dig'n it. How can I view a new account in the old editor? The new editor is like the new social social sharing tool... a wicked drag.

245 Comments
CC_PaulW
Employee

We're considering different options to help with finer-tuned editing. Code view is a great way to provide flexibility, and is the leading feature in this conversation. Thanks for your vote on the topic!

CC_PaulW
Employee

@PWOWadmin We've made some updates to this edit experience, including image resize capabilities. If you have a moment to do so, please try it out again and let us know what you think!

CC_PaulW
Employee

@tritontwo We're also considering updated solutions for code editing/importing to create your own mobile-responsive emails via html and css.

LauraF366
Campaign Collaborator

I'm echoing support for HTML access in these templates.

Yes, of course it's problematic -- some people will mess themselves up, thwart the structure of the responsive code, then complain to you that it's not working.

Perhaps two levels of access are needed -- a more WYSIWYG default, and an Advanced Editor link for those with coding skills and the need for finer-grained control?

Rookie
Any way to have access to the html coding in the new templates? Love them but feel the need to tweak certain things in html.
MegV
Campaign Expert
Add in access for HTML. Please. There are very very simple changes I would like to make. Perhaps since this is a mobile piece that has been eliminated. Sick of sub par templates.
SheriMNC
Campaign Collaborator
Is there a way to add a block of HTML to emails?
SheriMNC
Campaign Collaborator

I just posted about this, but will delete that and use the voting function along with my request here to add a way to get some code in the emails. (Another comment, then, is to perhaps add a search box or a link to this page to the "Feedback" form in the editor so that I can check on whether the issue has already been brought up. Thank you!) ETA: I couldn't see a way to delete my original post!

thebigword
Campaign Contributor
A much improved system but the subject items are required in the full solution.
BGCSCC
Rookie
how do I get at the source code?? I couldn't figure out how to create an Anchor with the new tools, but I know how to write one in HTML.
Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More