Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Ability to edit HTML in email campaign

Arghh not dig'n it. How can I view a new account in the old editor? The new editor is like the new social social sharing tool... a wicked drag.

245 Comments
RGainesB
Rookie
In addition to completely disliking this new "simplified" platform with HUGE icons, nearly half a page full of tools and no HTML code access, the toolbar to edit blocks, quite literally, blocks my view of what I'm trying to edit. It's MUCH harder to use, and I'm a pro. Whoever came up with this new platform really needs to rethink it...or give customers the OPTION to have the simplified view or the more complex (OLD) view, with stationary editing toolbar above the blocks. Seriously, I'm super frustrated right now and will have to close my account if there is no resolution to get back to the old layout, tools and HTML code access. It's pretty useless to me in the "simplified" format. Thanks for listening.
MarianT46
Rookie
In attempts to keep branding treatments consistent, I would like to use square corners on button design. However, the new UI doesn't have the editing available to make this modification. Please advise?
JasonM387
Campaign Contributor

I agree, the new editor is horrible. What an awful decision, to remove the option to edit HTML, etc. and prevent your own clients from doing what they want to do. I am going to switch to a competitor.

JasonM387
Campaign Contributor

I agree, the new editor is horrible. What an awful decision, to remove the option to edit HTML, etc. and prevent your own clients from doing what they want to do. I am going to switch to a competitor.

JasonM387
Campaign Contributor

I just realized what this is - Constant Contact wants to force us to pay them to create a "custom template", that's why they took away the ability to edit. 

CathyS986
Rookie

When using one of your templates to edit, why do you not have a way to edit the HTML? How can I get that setup in the editor?

Your article to look for one that has a subscription portion on the thumbnail was of no use to me. Why isn't a subsciption block not available for all templates?

RichardH64598
Campaign Collaborator
Maybe have the ability to change the code? Please give the ability to change background color in each layout choice. Have better control of the font line-height and letter spacing. Maybe use some glyphs. Maybe more font choices?
GinaA673
Rookie
Hi, I'd like to have the ability to have access to the back end code through your pre-designed templates, and add tracking codes this way. Thanks!
DamienK01
Campaign Contributor
This is a big loss for experienced users. I have used CC for several years, and count on the editor so that I don't have to contact your awesome support team.
fairmont
Rookie

UMMM -- HTML editing, hello? Still want it!

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More