Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Ability to insert an indent for paragraphs

I'm incapable of indenting the first line of a paragraph. This simple aspect of writing should be a no-brainer possibility for account users. Especially when so much of marketing is not only content, but how the content is presented. Capability to indent and format paragraphs properly is a necessity. I'm shocked this hasn't been addressed/fixed, it's such a simple formatting requirement.

Top Answer
Kyle_R
Administrator

Hello,

Updating the status of this request to Under Consideration to support our new community idea statuses to add better insight to your feedback.

To summarize what’s happened with this feedback so far. We’ve made an update to our Cross Platform Editor to allow for multiple spaces to be entered. Previously, multiple spaces were stripped out. This is a great option if you are in need of a leading indent. We still have an open request internally to insert a tab and indenting multiple lines of text. At this time there aren’t any other updates on any movement on that request, but we’ll keep you posted in this thread.

79 Comments
Tumwater
Campaign Contributor

We would like to be able to indent text. Indentation would help with the organization of text, which was previously available in the legacy version. 

Please consider our suggestion. Thank you!

MarlaF87
Rookie

The feature to indent text is no longer available. Can it be reinstated? I found this feature extremely useful before it was deleted from textformatting options.

DianeB4507
Marketing Expert

I have been inquiring about tabs since I starting using CC.  I'm beside myself why it has taken this long to get this working.  I'm not the only one that has been complaining.  What is going on.  It simply CANNOT be that difficult.  It is needed.  I'm so sick of asking for that I can't even tell you.  It makes me angry every time I need that feature and it isn't there, which is quite often.  I sometimes feel like stop using the program all together because if your staff can't do something as SIMPLE as create a tab for it's users, then really??????????  It is just plain stupid if you ask me.  I really and truly don't get what the problem is.  Can someone explain it to me without the same........"we are working on it"  NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Get it done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris__D
Employee
Status changed to: Open Questions

DianeB4507
Marketing Expert

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DianeB4507
Marketing Expert
FIX THE TAB FUNCTION.......................IT SCREWS UP MY LAYOUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT IS GOING ON WITH YOU PEOPLE ANYWAY?
rcppubs23
Marketing Legend

It is painfully obvious that you are not going to restore the ability to edit the html in the 3rd generation editor, so can't you provide an option for a blockquote or a workaround?

Doing newsletters, we often run into the need to indent a paragraph as the "blockquote" feature does in html but there seems to be no way to do this. I tried using the 3-column format and making the center column large and deleting text from the left and right column, but it won't allow me to make the center column as wide as it needs to be for this purpose. Is there another workaround you can provide?

Thanks.

rcppubs23
Marketing Legend

Or maybe someone in the community has figured a way around this problem???

DaniA4704
Campaign Expert

At this point I would accept being able to use 4 spaces in a row, but the editor deletes redundant spaces.
Just please do something - anything - about this. This is unacceptable.

JimH16
Rookie

We just switched to 3GE to use a new CC designed template - but we have to be able to indent. Is there an update on when the indent functionality will be restored?

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More