Ability to insert an indent for paragraphs

I'm incapable of indenting the first line of a paragraph. This simple aspect of writing should be a no-brainer possibility for account users. Especially when so much of marketing is not only content, but how the content is presented. Capability to indent and format paragraphs properly is a necessity. I'm shocked this hasn't been addressed/fixed, it's such a simple formatting requirement.

55 Comments
RobertB8427
Participant

Please restore the indent/tab function or at least allow the use of multiple spaces to indent text.  This has been requested since 2018 so it should be implemented already.

DariaO2
Regular Participant

need to be able to INDENT text in the body of an e-blast

LyndaS47
Participant

Not sure how we vote, but I need this feature. Really disappointed in this editor compared to the one I used in iContact. We switched to get integration with some third party apps. It's not all onions: I love the list segmentation we can do on click to track how people respond. 

Journeys_With_Barb
Participant

We've been asking for the ability to indent and have tabs as long as I've been using CC - at least five years.  How long does it take to add this feature???

KirstenS447
Participant

Wow---so there's no way to indent, even now, in 2021?! I do not understand that. 

We have the ability to indent in this comment. Look: 

Indent 

And the ability to code in this comment, but not in the emails we send out?

I moved from MailChimp to Constant Contact very recently and this disappoints me greatly because MailChimp has both of those options plus others. Why wouldn't Constant Contact?

DariaO2
Regular Participant

Agree - as I stated in my earlier post but it would be NICE to get a RESPONSE from Constant Contact tech people other than "we are forwarding this to our team". You can indent with a bullet so why not be able to indent without a bullet ???????????????

This is such a basic editing formatting requirement - it's not even a feature because it is a capability that is needed - BADLY!

BAREISM
Real Estate

This has been going on so long that I'm honestly looking at your competitors. This is a common function in most editors. Why do you not have it after years of your paying customers asking for it?

I'm tired of trying to explain to management that our newsletters can't look like they want because indent doesn't exist in Constant Contact. 

KemM
Participant
I do not understand why you don't have the ability to indent text. This is not some new fangled idea. Indenting is very basic. Please add this feature. Thank you
TaraW52050
Occasional Participant

Ability to add indent to paragraphs. This is a must for designing newsletters and announcements.

JulieL34
Super Participant

I don't much care about indenting the first line of a paragraph, but it sure would be nice to be able to have a feature comparable to using the "blockquote" code in html. And, if this is added, it would be good if we could have some control about how much it's indented on each side.

JonathanP782
Participant

I am just adding my voice to the three years (!!!) of users who have requested this indent feature -- like JulieL34 above, I don't care a lot about indenting individual paragraphs, but am beyond frustrated trying to indent a block of text. I even tried typing five spaces at the beginning of each line. This looked fine while I was working, but when I sent a test, all those careful spaces disappeared.

Please fix this. I don't see how it can be so hard.

JulieL34
Super Participant

Chiming in again as I just saw the comment above from DariaO2

It reminded me that one of the "cheats" i tried was using a bullet and then trying to make it invisible--but there is no way to change the color of the bullet character, or the look of it. That would have been one way to make the adjustment (though not ideal since a bullet only indents from the left side). We did discover recently that if we copy and paste content from an html page that has a blockquote in it, SOMETIMES that formatting is carried over into a Constant Contact template block. but not always.

CynthiaE4
Regular Participant

I tried something new today to help with this problem.  Not a great solution, but it kind of worked for a line of text, not so much for a full paragraph.

If you use the underline at the beginning of the line and then make it WHITE it will give you something that looks like an indent.

why is it that we can put a man in space, but we can't get any space in Constant Contact, especially after all these years.  Probably because we all keep renewing :wink:

JonathanP782
Participant

Thanks CynthiaE4!

I hadn't thought of that and will try it next time. (Shudder when I think of a "next time," but I guess it's inevitable.)

Today, I ended up making a PDF of a Word document that was what I wanted, converting the PDF to a .jpg, and cropping it to fit, then inserting it as an image into Constant Contact. Not ideal and forget matching a background colour, but something.

JulieL34
Super Participant

ok, here's one more workaround.

Use the block called "split column feature"

Remove the photo in the right column.

Remove the text in the right column. (I'm pretty sure I am recalling correctly that you have to do these one at a time to get it to work.

Once you do this, you will have a wide photo and a text block. Remove that photo.

Because of the padding on both sides that is built in for the two column layout, you will now have a rectangle that is slightly narrower than the full width. Paste your text in that box, change the background color to the color of your regular email background, and you will have something like a blockquote.

It's a pain, but it somewhat works. Here's hoping the CC mavens don't notice this and decide we don't need a simple blockquote feature.

What happens with product feedback?

Find out about the life-cycle of a product idea when it is posted on our Feedback board.

Read More

What's New

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More