Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Ability to insert an indent for paragraphs

I'm incapable of indenting the first line of a paragraph. This simple aspect of writing should be a no-brainer possibility for account users. Especially when so much of marketing is not only content, but how the content is presented. Capability to indent and format paragraphs properly is a necessity. I'm shocked this hasn't been addressed/fixed, it's such a simple formatting requirement.

Top Answer
Kyle_R
Administrator

Hello,

Updating the status of this request to Under Consideration to support our new community idea statuses to add better insight to your feedback.

To summarize what’s happened with this feedback so far. We’ve made an update to our Cross Platform Editor to allow for multiple spaces to be entered. Previously, multiple spaces were stripped out. This is a great option if you are in need of a leading indent. We still have an open request internally to insert a tab and indenting multiple lines of text. At this time there aren’t any other updates on any movement on that request, but we’ll keep you posted in this thread.

79 Comments
JoniL38
Campaign Contributor

Indent and/or tab functionality is VERY necessary. 

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Voting Open

PSavino
Rookie

I just find it so frustrating when I want to line up columned text.  PLEASE, can you work on adding a Tab feature??

DouglasC962
Rookie

I am requesting that I have the option of 5 spaces of indent for a new paragraph (instead of the automatic 1 space) and 2 spaces between the end of a sentence and a new sentence (instead of the automatic 1 space). Thank you

Maura_May
Rookie

Ironically this comment area allows one to increase indent.

DwellCommunityChurch
Brand Visionary

Indenting is such a necessary function. You must bring it back.

Please, please, please - give us the capability of using tabs!!

HartsbrookCC
Rookie

really need you to add a tab option into your text menu, please!!!

CarolS2788
Rookie

I need to have the option of indenting entire paragraphs without a number or a bullet point.

Rebecca-FRF
Campaign Contributor

Somewhat related - my "work around" for not being able to indent paragraphs (adding 5 characters then making them the same color as the background) doesn't translate when an email is forwarded - for some reason the "invisible" characters show up.  So, two issues here:  add back the ability in indent paragraphs and forwarding so that the formatting holds up.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More