Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Ability to insert an indent for paragraphs

I'm incapable of indenting the first line of a paragraph. This simple aspect of writing should be a no-brainer possibility for account users. Especially when so much of marketing is not only content, but how the content is presented. Capability to indent and format paragraphs properly is a necessity. I'm shocked this hasn't been addressed/fixed, it's such a simple formatting requirement.

Top Answer
Kyle_R
Administrator

Hello,

Updating the status of this request to Under Consideration to support our new community idea statuses to add better insight to your feedback.

To summarize what’s happened with this feedback so far. We’ve made an update to our Cross Platform Editor to allow for multiple spaces to be entered. Previously, multiple spaces were stripped out. This is a great option if you are in need of a leading indent. We still have an open request internally to insert a tab and indenting multiple lines of text. At this time there aren’t any other updates on any movement on that request, but we’ll keep you posted in this thread.

79 Comments
SKCC
Rookie
Hello, I've requested from your Tech department before but wanted to ask again. Could you please bring back the "Indent" left or right buttons? It's really difficult without them and very time consuming. I can't put everything into a bulleted list. And with the junk code from Word, it's hard to get things to line up. I used to use data tables for alignment of text but that has been made harder as well and not as user friendly as your previous builder version. Thanks for taking these suggestions into account, Thank you, Kirsten Lovett SKCC Data Manager
DavidS01670
Rookie

hello, I'm a writer and I use Constant Contact for sending story teasers that direct readers to my Website. I can't find how to indent paragraphs. It sure would make it more attractive and easier to read. I went into the forum, and I see people have been asking for this since 2017. That's five years of requests. Do you just not care? I tried just putting three blank spaces before each graph, which is time consuming. Also, about half the time CC removes the spaces. 

THIS IS IMPORTANT. PLEASE FIX...

JasonF74
Rookie

Yes to indenting the first line, but more important - indent a quote paragraph please!

NCCE
Rookie

Where is your line indent in the editor? Currently there is no way to tab. BIG miss on your developers part. 😞

SrideviS4
Rookie

Tabs would be extremely helpful! It would be great to be able to line up multiple dates and times.

Thank you.

MarketerL14667
Constant Contact Partner

I can't believe users have been asking for line indent for 5 years and it's still only 'under consideration.' I've been a Constant Contact user for years, and I remember back when it was actually user friendly and you could edit the text as you needed - not as the system forced you to. CC is still a good system for business email, but wow you're making it easier to switch to the competition.

CynthiaE4
Campaign Contributor

What does UNDER CONSIDERATION really Mean?   Clearly it does not seem to mean you are going to do it, since it has been so many years that this request has been in the queue. 

You must have coders who could do this in a short period of time.  Can you give a reason as to why this is NOT BEING DONE?  You are supposed to be a consumer oriented company, no? 

CynthiaE4
Campaign Contributor

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Give us our tabs and indents.

I keep contacting Constant Contact and keep being told you are working on it.  That can't be true or it would have been done in the last 5 years!  I'm not a programmer, but how hard can this be.  You have developers/engineers on staff.  What ARE  they working on.

SonyaB109
Rookie

The inability to indent wouldn't be such a bad thing if you could use the space bar to do it manually. But unfortunately, setting a manual indent by tapping the space bar a few times doesn't save. The format messes up every time you re-open for editing, or worse, when you send.  Some lines indent, some don't, it's kind of a mess. 

So regardless of voting, i think you guys need to fix this.  We have to be able to indent a paragraph and have the format stick. 
Having said that I enjoy using CC and will keep using it. Thanks for what you do. 

Tim

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More