Savable blocks

It would be nice if we could create blocks that we could save into a library of sorts. All of our campaigns use similar contact blocks but very different headers. It would be nice to not have to recreate the block from scratch, or to exit the campaign, find the other campaign, copy the code, then head back to the original campaign.

Top Answer
Kyle_R
Administrator

Hello,

Updating the status of this request to Under Consideration to support our new community idea statuses to add better insight into your feedback.

Thank you for all of your feedback on this topic; I know this request has been around for many years. This is something we would love to be able to implement. We’ve had some plans in the past that have been reprioritized. The current thought is that we hope we will be able to focus on this at some point in the future, and some of the ideas floated around have been really cool! That being said, I don’t have any sort of estimated time that it might be accomplished. We do have a potential new feature coming this quarter that may help. We will keep this thread updated.

115 Comments
nyckr
Campaign Collaborator

+1 please add this feature. It is one of the most frustrating things about using this platform.

LoriM1
Rookie

I've been asking for this function for 5 years now.  I send out many different campaigns as we have five business locations and different target markets.  There are blocks that are constant in each campaign and I have to recreate them each time.   It seems like a very simple function that would save many people the time and effort to continuously recreate the same blocks over and over.  Please add this as a function.  Help your customers save time.  We've been with CC for many years but it may be time to look for other alternative solutions that are more user-friendly and efficient.

JaneC6
Campaign Collaborator

So I think if Constant Contact just had the basic functionality to be able copy and paste multiple blocks/objects and then also to be able to save those copied blocks to reuse in existing email campaign or new ones.  Like have another tab to the left that has my Blocks/Objects and you can drag and drop just like a regular block. That would be awesome!

SabrenaF4
Campaign Contributor

Hello, 

While the campaign WYSWIG editor is nice, there's some room for improvement. One major piece that would make e-mails that much better is adding the ability for opacity within the style creator.  In addition a section creator would be great in order to easily segment the page up and keep consistent formatting. A great example of a WYSWIG editor that has robust capabilities is the Cvent WYSWIG. More design capabilities would really make this product so much better. 

Thank you for your consideration!

SabrenaF4
Campaign Contributor

Hello, 

I have had some issues with the email creation tool. If I misspell a word and right click to fix it, the format for the entire block of content disappears. This is very frustrating when trying to make a quick fix. 

PaulS7986
Campaign Expert

In Legacy I could open any campaign, copy a block's HTML and paste it into a new campaign. Why has this function been removed?? Please restore it ASAP.

A suggestion from a fellow user: (if the restoring the html button can't work, for whatever reason): A SIMPLE SOLUTION WOULD BE TO ALLOW US TO HAVE OUR OWN LIBRARY OF BLOCKS THAT MAINTAIN FUNCTIONALITY AND DESIGN, SIMILAR TO OUR OWN LIBRARY OF IMAGES OR DOCUMENTS.

PS. I'm already shopping for a new program, can't wait much longer.

JETOttawa
Rookie

If only I could easily copy and paste or drag and drop from one email to another, instead I have to build the template then copy and paste in individual information. I'd love to be able to "select all" "copy" "paste" in order to move from my old template to a new one for instance.

NazziN
Rookie

Yes, I would like to have the ability to create a signature block at the bottom of an email then save that block to use in other emails from other employees and just add my signature block and sent to my clients.

Being able to copy/edit HTML from one campaign to another is a very important feature and should be added back in a future update. Having to recreate footers or other blocks is new campaigns instead of copy/pasting HTML is time consuming and unnecessary. The block editor as it currently is feels like 'email for dummies.' and is extremely frustrating. Please bring back the edit HTML feature soon.

Another efficiency would be the ability to save blocks to a library to use in other campaigns.

RebeccaO57
Rookie

I believe I've submitted this request before, but since there still isn't a fix I'm adding another request and sharing a workaround for the Savable/Insertable/Customizable Block Templates option.  Ideally I'd like to be able to right-click on a section, choose 'Save as Block Template', and have it saved in a separate Block Template Library.  y workaound has been to create my headers and footers as .jpg images and then upload them into constant contact into my photo library, in a separate folder for quick retrieval.  When designing a new email, I insert them and resize as necessary.  They're not as crisp as I'd like them to be, but it saves me a ton of time.  Hope this suggestion helps others who are still frustrated by not having the ability to save templates directly in Constant Contact.  

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More