Savable blocks

It would be nice if we could create blocks that we could save into a library of sorts. All of our campaigns use similar contact blocks but very different headers. It would be nice to not have to recreate the block from scratch, or to exit the campaign, find the other campaign, copy the code, then head back to the original campaign.

Top Answer
Kyle_R
Administrator

Hello,

Updating the status of this request to Under Consideration to support our new community idea statuses to add better insight into your feedback.

Thank you for all of your feedback on this topic; I know this request has been around for many years. This is something we would love to be able to implement. We’ve had some plans in the past that have been reprioritized. The current thought is that we hope we will be able to focus on this at some point in the future, and some of the ideas floated around have been really cool! That being said, I don’t have any sort of estimated time that it might be accomplished. We do have a potential new feature coming this quarter that may help. We will keep this thread updated.

115 Comments

I've been using this workaround to copy whole blocks:

1. Select the HTML button of the source block

2. Copy the entire contents

3. Paste the HYML contents to a text editor (both for multiple uses and for safety)

4. Select the HTML button in a block in the target block

5. Paste the HTML for the contents that I want.

This has been working and saves me from always needing to start from scratch.

RobinN519
Rookie
For Constant Contact accounts, when we sign up you ask for a company logo right at the start which is good. I would love for some way to input company color palettes as well. The closest right now is the "Most recent colors" (or whatever it's called) but it would be nice to be able to store various hex values into a corporate palette to keep branding consistent. Just a thought!
JohnK162
Campaign Collaborator
You need a simple way to copy content from past campaigns to paste into new campaigns. Currently, as near as I can tell, the only way to get content from past campaigns is to make a copy of the campaign and then select and copy the content in the HTML code view for copying into the new campaign. At least, there should be a way to open past campaigns for copying only. Best would be the capability to copy blocks from one campaign to another.
ThomasN4
Rookie
What happened to all the Newsletter Templates?
JanS527
Rookie
I often need to copy material from an older newsletter into a new one and find it very cumbersome to have to close one, go out, copy, close and then reopen the original again. Is there a way to keep two newsletters open at once?
JohnV72
Campaign Contributor

I agree it would be quite useful and a valuable time saver if there were a way to 'cut and paste' formatted content between multiple newsletters. This would be at the top of my Constant Contact Wish List.

MichelleC84
Marketing Legend

I wish there was a way to save an entire block/section so that if I were to build another email, I could drag and drop the "Membership Block" and/or "Product Block" into that email and edit it from there instead of having to find it in an old email to copy it or having to rebuild it in a new email.

florida_region_wlcj
Marketing Legend

Could Constant Contact PLEASE create some sort of library (preferably with a search function) where individual blocks could be saved?  It would be GREAT if there was a way to save individual blocks to be used in future emails. I send out an email weekly with several blocks repeated from the previous email. Some blocks, however, are only sent out once a month, or even every other month. The only way I have found to do this is to close the current campaign I'm working on and go back to previous campaigns and scroll through them to find what I am looking for.  It is not easy to identify which campaigns contain the blocks I need, especially those which are used infrequently.  It is especially difficult since all my campaigns are named the same thing, except for the date (which appears at the end of the campaign title).

FaithChurchAA
Rookie

We produce a newsletter for our church twice a month. A lot of times, the events we have will be monthly but will need to be announced in one newsletter but not the next - rotating, if you will. In an effort to save myself from having to delete an article for the first half of the month only to come back and re-do it for the next issue, I utilized what I thought was a way to do this in the table of contents. The description/directions for use of this feature are as follows:

Here you can change the title for your table of contents and specify the links that appear. To remove a link from your table of contents, deselect the Show checkbox for the link. To change the link text, enter a new name for the link in the Link Text field.

Since this could be taken several ways, I thought it would mean that by my unchecking a box, the particular article would NOT appear in the newsletter. I was wrong! I got chewed out to the point of my bellybutton caving in! Since this happened on a Friday, it made for a great start to my weekend - NOT!

Anyhow, if you could please be more clear about the function that would be great. Better still would be for you to actually add a function which WOULD allow us to not include an article for a period of time. This would save time by not having to re-write an article every 2 weeks. It would just be hanging out waiting to be checked and recirculated. Hope that made sense. I am still reeling from the beehind chewing I took! Thanks!

NSSRA
Campaign Contributor
I would LOVE IT if there would be a way to save blocks into a library of sorts to pull into other emails. For example, with Upcoming Events. We have a few different types of emails we send, and the same Master Template doesn't work for all of those types. It's such a chore to keep creating the same blocks of content that apply to all of those email types. Or, I would love to have the ability to switch out some of those blocks. So maybe there's enough room on a shorter email to include the block about liking our Facebook page. I could just pull that block in from the library and not have to keep re-creating it over and over again. It would be so helpful to have that functionality!
Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More