Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Ability to turn off In Product Support chat

This pop up is ruining our Constant Contact Experience Preventing us from completing our work.. Causing page to slow down and interupt our work

23 Comments
PaulaB521
Campaign Contributor

Ironically, the only time I ever used the pop-up was to complain about it! But the agent with whom I chatted didn't even know what I was talking about.

DcnMikeB
Rookie
Having this appear every single time I am working on your site is distracting and annoying. Please! Turn it off. If I need help, I will click on Help.
Frankie_P
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @DcnMikeB what chat pop-up are you seeing? Are you able to provide a screenshot of what this pop-up looks like or describe it further? Did you click on anything before it appeared? 

Frankie_P

Reply from @DcnMikeB :

Hi Frankie,

I had been seeing it for at least a week or more. It would float up from the bottom right-hand portion of the client area asking if I would like to chat about design help? I would click no and the box would sink out of view except for the title bar of the dialog box would be visible at the bottom right. The reason I sent the feedback was because a feedback dialog box popped up unasked for. Interestingly, no pop-up/float-up dialogs have appeared since I sent my feedback. And, I had no idea that my feedback was going to appear publicly in a community.

When and if it appears again, I will take a screen capture for you. Obviously, uninvited pop-ups, especially the persistent type, are a poor design element.

Mike

CathrineF
Rookie

I agree. There needs to be a way of preventing the chat pop-up window from appearing every time we launch Constant Contact. It is super annoying. This seems to be a relatively new feature. It needs to be eliminated asap.

Frankie_P

Reply from @DcnMikeB 

I have attached a screen shot.

Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 9.16.57 PM.png
Frankie_P

Hi @DcnMikeB thank you for responding with this screenshot! I have merged your request into a larger thread focused on this experience.

DougR30639
Rookie
For experienced users, like myself, the pop-up window offering Chat help is more annoying than helpful. How can I disable that feature?
CharlesM89
Marketing Legend
I don't like having to say twice that I don't want to chat.
PhilipL123
Rookie

Hello, Please change the position of chat dialog on the bottom right area. Every single time I am editing the email the small dialog always pop up and it's extremely annoying!! Although it only pop up once when you close the dialog, it's really inconvenience to use. 

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More