Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Ability to turn off Stacking columns on mobile

Not all content necessarily follows the same format of being presented like a table, and currently the only option for mobile view is for the content to be stacked vertically row-by-row. Sometimes this may be exactly what the campaign builder intended (reading left-to-right in a table of information). However, sometimes contrasting information was designed side-by-side for the web version of the email for readability, but should actually be stacked column-by-column in the mobile version in order to make sense to the mobile reader. It would be incredibly helpful to have a "mobile view option" checkbox just before sending to select if columns should be ordered by rows or columns (same concept as deciding print settings just before sending a doc to a printer).

34 Comments
Chris_L
Employee
Status changed to: Voting Open

@MaxI121 Thank you for the feedback.  It sounds like you would like to have the ability to stop the columns from stacking on top of each other when a campaign is viewed on a mobile device.  This is a great idea and I have opened it up for voting.

SarahC384
Rookie
The mobile view of our campaigns is always extremely distorted. Having the ability to turn off this conversion or to modify the mobile version versus the desktop version would be most helpful.
ChrisO359
Rookie

The old email template was better in that the entire email was seen on the phone.

The new template automatically displays "left to right" -- and you can't change the order (Wix does a great job allowing you to adjust the views.)

The main body is found in the larger column on the right, and it would be good if it could be displayed first when viewing it on your cell.

Thank you.

Candace_M
Employee
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hello @ChrisO359,

Sounds like you are referring to the fact that all of our new templates are mobile responsive. Learn more here.

Is the mobile responsiveness of these templates something that is not as important to you. Would you want to control how things are stacking or just have it not stack all together?

ChrisO359
Rookie

I do not agree that your new templates are mobile responsive.

The main body of your message appears in the larger right column, with other info in the smaller left column or below.

In the mobile view there is no way to move your primary message to the top.

Basically making the mobile and desktop incompatible.

I use Wix web editor and it is very easy to change the order of your articles.

I hope Constant Contact will consider this in future upgrades.

Thank you.

ErinB67
Rookie

The editor shows building blocks with an image to the side and text on the other side, or text on one side and text on the other... BUT on mobile, they stack instead! Why bother? We want it like Gen 2. We want the mobile email to look the editor! It's supposed to look like the editor! We will look at other options if this can't get fixed.

madelineL57
Rookie

I find the stacking inconsistent. One campaign stacked properly on both an LG and a Samsung and iphone, my next campaign using the same format it is not working on the LG and Samsung.

The email designer interface is painful to use, especially when trying to design an email optimized for mobile viewing which is where the vast majority of subscribers are reading their emails. We have to preview the mobile view and cannot even place images side by side on mobile. The interface needs to be drastically reworked to focus on designing for mobile devices first. 

ToolTime05
Rookie
Similar to the social media links, one of our main goals is to request reviews with every e-mail that we send. Currently there is no way to have multiple images on a single row during mobile preview and be clickable links to multiple sites, similar what the social media links feature allows. Either I convert the images to one image, which only allows 1 link -- or I have 3 images with three links, but they all show up on different rows, which isn't visually appealing at all. Would really appreciate being able to use our own icons for something like that so we can have a reviews tab. Different companies will use many different review platforms, so I don't know that having a generic set would function-- however, for our purposes, we would be using Google Reviews, Angies List, Facebook and Home Advisor.
JoelB
Rookie

Wow almost 3 years and this feature is still lacking? With mobile being such a huge piece of email making this is a seriously limiting feature 

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More