Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Add Eyedropper to color selector

Please add an eyedropper feature to the color selector function.  Your color selector does not always pick up the colors being used in the document I am working on, for some odd reason, so it would be very helpful to have an eyedropper to use.  Currently, I have to use a third party program called ColorCop which works great, but it just adds another step and a handful more clicks, making it a cumbersome process.  Constant contact has been around so long that  you would have thought by now this functionality would be available, but it is not.

Thanks in advance.

Top Answer
Caitlin_M
Administrator

At this time, we do not have plans to include a color picker tool within the editor. Third-party programs such as Color Cop can be used to determine hex codes for use in your campaigns.

15 Comments
JamesR146
Campaign Contributor

Good afternoon,

I have a minor convenience-related suggestion for Color Selection while working within the Constant Contact email editor. Currently, the background colors for email elements are generated based on those selected under the "Design" tab, yet I have frequently encountered instances in which elements built into the template adopt different background colors than when similar elements are added by the user.

The screenshot below was taken of an email being developed based on the "Boxing Day Promotion" template. This template contained Feature Articles with a navy blue background separated by Dividers with navy blue backgrounds and white dividing lines. However, when adding additional Dividers, these follow the Inner Background color preference of a white background with a gray line.

Screen Shot 2019-01-02 at 12.42.26 PM.png

In order to change the background color to match the other dividers, I currently have to hover over a navy blue element, click the Paint Bucket tool, then click "More Colors", copy the color's Hex Code, and then go back to the white element, click the Paint Bucket tool, then click "More Colors" and then paste the copied Hex Code into the color selection box. (the color then appears in my Recent Colors for easier use)

This isn't too many steps, but adds extra development time to my emails, as I change themes frequently to keep them fresh.

Ideally, this time could be lessened either through providing an 'Eyedropper' tool for color selection based on other elements or perhaps providing a Color Swatch Family related to the default colors used by a template that appears in the color selection tool.

Would options such as this be possible to implement within the current generation of the email editor?

Chris__D
Employee
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hey @JamesR146, thanks for reaching out! I took a look at the campaign you had referenced and it looks like this issue is caused by the "Inner Background" color being white in the "Design" tab. If you click on the color box to change the color, there is a "Recent Colors" section there in which has the blue that was used in this template. In my tests, changing this white color to the Navy Blue color forced the divider backgrounds to assume that color.

Screen Shot 2019-01-02 at 4.50.11 PM.png

Having an eyedropper type tool could definitely come in handy though as the Recent Colors don't always retain the colors users want as it's limited to the last 10 colors. I've opened this idea up for voting so we can collect additional feedback from other users on a tool like this. 

On a side note, thanks so much for providing the screenshot and additional information! This post may help ease the process of obtaining the HEX value for the color, however, there are also third party plugins that you can install into your browser that may be easier/ more convenient to use than Color Cop, such as ColorZilla. 

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Voting Open

There are times when i use one of our brochures as an image to send clients and would love to be able to choose a color from my brochure to incorporate into the design build of the email I send.

CS_Parks
Marketing Expert
I wish there was a color picker built in.
Marisa_M
Marketing Legend

If you would like this feature, please click "VOTE" above so that the CC staff will consider it. Thanks!

Marisa_M
Marketing Legend
PLEASE give us an option to select a color using an eyedropper!! I like the changes but this option still is not available and is most definitely needed. Thank you,
Frankie_P
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @Marisa_M where in your account would you like to see the option to select a color with an eyedropper?

Marisa_M
Marketing Legend

Hi Frankie,

I would like to see this anywhere you can change a color in the Campaign email editor.  So that would be text, background colors, etc. Anywhere that nice little color chart pops up, there should be an eyedropper option.

Thank you!

Marisa_M
Marketing Legend

Thank you but what about an EYEDROPPER?

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More