Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Add Search Function On Image Tab

0 Votes

Hello, It's difficult for me to go through my stored images as you can no longer search by name. Yes, you can sort by name or by oldest/newest, but I what if want to find something that starts with an "L," for example, and I have over 1,000 images uploaded. It's very difficult and time consuming. I liked the Legacy editor better because I could search by name. Thank you.

Top Answer
Caitlin_M
Administrator

We're updating the status of this idea to more accurately reflect its current status with our engineering team and also made slight changes to the subject line in order for it to be more easily found. We can't guarantee a commitment to deliver on this feature request but it should indicate some awareness that we have heard your feedback and could be taken under consideration for a future release.

As a workaround, when creating an email, using the Insert Image overlay includes a search bar. This can be found by clicking on an existing image in a campaign or an image placeholder and selecting "Replace".

Caitlin_M_0-1666367103730.png

21 Comments
Frankie_P

@KarolineW how would you like to search through the images panel on your email campaign? How does scrolling on this pannel not fit your needs?

KarolineW
Rookie

As a church, I often use a specific graphic for the same event each year. I currently have 464 graphics in my library. That means, when i want to find a graphic i have used in the past, i have to either guess on the name or sort the panel by date and try to find items that way - but sometimes they were added last year or two years ago or three years ago - you see my problem.  Otherwise, i have to go into the library and search there to find the name, then go back to the panel and sort by name.  It would be much easier to be able to search right there in the panel. it would be much more efficient.

Frankie_P

@KarolineW if searching by name, or by date does not fit your needs, how are you looking to search for your images in the email image panel?

JMorrow19
Rookie

When will there be a search function for images? I'd rather use those already in the system rather upload the same image several times.

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @JMorrow19 what type of search system for your images are you looking for? Where in your account are you not seeing the option to search your images?

ExecutiveD30
Rookie

I'd like to see a search for images too. I thought there used to be one, on the create or edit page. Under the Image tab it has All or A-Z, Z-A, but I have hundreds of images and don't always know the first word of the one I want to use. Seach would be very helpful. 

KariO2
Constant Contact Partner

Agreed! A search on image names would be most useful. Also, a way to delete images that I have and will never again use.

we used to be able to search images, and that functionality is now gone. could you bring it back please?

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Acknowledged

We're updating the status of this idea to more accurately reflect its current status with our engineering team and also made slight changes to the subject line in order for it to be more easily found. We can't guarantee a commitment to deliver on this feature request but it should indicate some awareness that we have heard your feedback and could be taken under consideration for a future release.

As a workaround, when creating an email, using the Insert Image overlay includes a search bar. This can be found by clicking on an existing image in a campaign or an image placeholder and selecting "Replace".

Caitlin_M_0-1666367103730.png

KristineH24
Rookie

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have you added that search feature for images yet?  I see the thread goes all the way back to 2015 - please tell me you've done something about that by now!!

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More