Adding Tables to 3rd Generation

We had a thread about adding tables to third generation emails but a moderator closed it saying now that we can use 5 columns that should solve the problem.

Guess what, it does not come close to solving the problem. There is no way to line up text except tables. adding columns does not work because the columns will not always display side by side.

Top Answer
Chris__D
Employee

Hey @BONNIER52, thanks for your feedback. In our newest editor, we have a block that offers up to 5 side by side text or image blocks. This allows users to create a table-like block, however, we're looking to hear how we can make this block better. What content are you trying to add into your campaign that requires a table? 

The reason we don't have an actual table block is due to tables breaking the mobile responsive design of the template and with over 50% of users opening their emails on a mobile device, it's very important that we create solutions that work for both mobile and desktop viewers. Knowing how you use tables will allow us to look into ways we can make our editor even more useful. 

Top Answer
Caitlin_M
Administrator

With the introduction of our cross-device editor, tables can be added to a campaign.

When viewed on a mobile device, your table won’t resize to fit the screen. If your table is wider than the screen, contacts will need to scroll horizontally to see the full table. Testing is especially important when using a table so you can experience what your contacts will see.

64 Comments
Chris_L
Employee
Status changed to: Voting Open

@SamuelM8 Thank you for your post. We closed the original post after we launched the 5 column layout because it will solve some cases for some users.  We understand it will not solve all use cases.  We have opened this topic up for voting so we can better understand from the community the use cases that only tables will work.  We appreciate your feedback.

DavidM4963
Campaign Contributor
Looks attractive, but you took away some of the most important features!!! You cant make tables, and there's no search box to call up images you use. If I'm missing it, help me understand!
DavidM4963
Campaign Contributor
It's not easy. No more table to insert products and prices. No search box now, to call up images. Been with CC for long time, I'll need to try Mail Chimp. Making campaigns should be easier than this!
Chris_L
Employee

@DavidM4963 Thank you for your feedback about how you would like to use tables in your campaigns.  We recently released a 5 column layout to address some cases where tables would be used.  I understand this may not work for your specific use case and will pass along your concern to our product team.

Marisa_M
Marketing Legend

I think the third generation editor is wonderful but there are a couple of features missing/removed from previous editors and one of them is the ability to add a table.

I send out a monthly calendar which I create using tables, and now that the editor has changed, I have to keep using an old template because the new editor won't allow me to create a table. So that ability would be nice to have back.

OR, at the very least, please include the ability to add a snippet of HTML code and then I could build my own table, as well as other things someone may want to add using HTML.

Thank you,

Chris_L
Employee
Status changed to: New

@Marisa_M Thank you for the feedback and use case for the ability to insert tables. We know the ability to add tables is useful and are tracking the feedback.

VMC_Email-Manager
Brand Influencer

You've got to be kidding.  Can't put tables in Gen3 editor. 

FIX THIS!

LRTP
Campaign Contributor

Tables are very helpful and probably will keep me using the second gen interface for some time for newsletter.  Only way to line up text under pictures, aka "columns" on multiple "rows". 

AgentO6
Rookie
1. Tables are needed in the build tab 2. HTML block needed in the build tab
NancyS232
Rookie

I was wondering just that. I am trying to create a new template for our newsletter and am appalled that there is no table support. We put in our monthly calendar which we import from MS Word (I don't create it, just import it) and it mostly all lines up nicely and I just do little tweaks within CC to refine it. Now it looks like I can't. Very frustrating. I want to stay with the version of CC I am using because of the table issue.

Please do not make the "legacy" version go away! 

(MEL - newsletter editor)

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More