Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Adding Tables to 3rd Generation

We had a thread about adding tables to third generation emails but a moderator closed it saying now that we can use 5 columns that should solve the problem.

Guess what, it does not come close to solving the problem. There is no way to line up text except tables. adding columns does not work because the columns will not always display side by side.

Top Answer
Chris__D
Employee

Hey @BONNIER52, thanks for your feedback. In our newest editor, we have a block that offers up to 5 side by side text or image blocks. This allows users to create a table-like block, however, we're looking to hear how we can make this block better. What content are you trying to add into your campaign that requires a table? 

The reason we don't have an actual table block is due to tables breaking the mobile responsive design of the template and with over 50% of users opening their emails on a mobile device, it's very important that we create solutions that work for both mobile and desktop viewers. Knowing how you use tables will allow us to look into ways we can make our editor even more useful. 

Top Answer
Caitlin_M
Administrator

With the introduction of our cross-device editor, tables can be added to a campaign.

When viewed on a mobile device, your table won’t resize to fit the screen. If your table is wider than the screen, contacts will need to scroll horizontally to see the full table. Testing is especially important when using a table so you can experience what your contacts will see.

64 Comments
isaca_mumbai
Rookie

Please include Table feature and allow HTML code

Looking to move my 10 clients to a different email provider because of this continued issue of not having tables. 

KristiS19
Rookie

We would really appreciate having table functions back, please! 

SRFHorses
Rookie

I used tables in the 2G version and really miss it in the 3GE templates.  This creates an issue for me as I used them all the time. Please add the table back into the 3GE templates!!

TinaB45
Rookie

bring tables back into Gen3 PLEASE!

HollyS059
Campaign Contributor

Not having tables is causing a lot more work for us. Please bring back this functionality. Omitting this functionality is the sort of thing that forces us to look at, and possibly switch to, another provider.

LaurelB1
Rookie

Not inserting tables is probably a deal breaker for us after many years with CC.  Also, we can't copy and past HTML anymore.  This editing version has dumbed down way too much.

MargoM4
Campaign Contributor

Bring back tables. Let US decide whether they look okay in mobile format.

HistoricAnnapolis
Campaign Contributor

Please bring back the table feature. 

SandiK9
Rookie

I understand taking away table functionality for design - but what about some kind of calendar block? Not having tables to create the calendar or a way to drop in code to build the calendar is a real problem for us. We use the classic editor, but only because we need the calendar functionality. We want to use the new system but can't live without having a way to display our weekly events in calendar format.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More