Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Adjustable Padding For Images and Text Blocks

Everything seems to have a different left/right padding to it. I would like the option to remove padding from all items (ideally ability to adjust l,t,r,b padding on all objects). Especially in the new editor this is tedious and an image can span the entire 600px width, but a text box cannot.

Top Answer
Frankie_P

Hi @rcppubs23

While there is more than one request in this thread we'd be happy to share updates for the requests in this thread. The good news is the feature of editing padding around images is available in our cross device editor. As for wanting to control padding between blocks, we’ve compiled and discussed this feedback users have shared internally. There are no immediate developments pertaining to this request, but we are continuing to share the feedback and use cases discussed here. We will mark this as Acknowledged and will post any updates we may hear from our teams.

43 Comments
Frankie_P

Hi @FirstNameL98691 are you looking to customize the line spacing in your paragraphs when making breaks?  If so, you can insert a return and set this to a smaller pre-set sizes of 1, 1.2, 1.5, and 2. Does this fit your needs?

Hi -- I tried that, but it didn't work. Even the CC tech rep tried it and it didn't work. Do yo you have a trick to do that?

TinaB45
Rookie

Please add the functionality to ADD AND ADJUST the padding around image.

Also, captions!!!!!!!!!

ChrisV075
Rookie
I am very frustrated with the new format that we will be forced to use as of October 1. It is so restrictive and totally limits my ability to create the layout and look that I want. While the old Legacy had a few issues, I had more flexibility in controlling margins, spacing between text blocks, the width of text boxes, etc. There are many other issues that make this very frustrating....we may look at other software.
SaraK037
Campaign Collaborator

The new editor is far from "seamless and easy." I guess CC is more interested in its retail clients who are all content to have identical newsletters and unconcerned with gigantic odd spaces between titles and bodytext. I'm no fan of either, but at least they aren't quite so controlling and still let you edit code when you wish.

And what if my recipients are all on a desktop? Can I have the far more flexible legacy editor back?

WVPresbytery
Marketing Legend

I am not confident that it will help, as I am still part of other 3+ year old threads that have not been resolved but just abandoned because of your voting process, but I am still adding my voice to the complaints about the inability to adjust padding/height. For example, today I discovered that in order to get something to look the way I want it to look horizontally, I have to separate the text into a text box and then two column boxes, and doing that with no option to adjust the vertical spacing makes it look terrible with the extra space between each content block when it is all part of one article/newsletter section. I agree with Baldwin that it's fine to have defaults that you start out with, but as the creator of the content, I should have control to design something how I want it to look. With the example above, I am going to have to spend extra time tomorrow before I finish creating the email to either look into a new option from your content blocks or do extra work in advance to make an image to display here, which is ridiculous since the article is 100% text. 

rcppubs23
Marketing Legend

I have the same concerns about whether it will make any difference, having been following these threads for a long time, but definitely agree on this point. Even if, for whatever reason, you find it necessary to limit the padding options (even numbers, or whatever), the ugly large spaces we are forced to accept between columns or blocks within elements make for a product no one would want to read. I always hear the CC people saying things like "We made those changes so your emails can look good in mobile devices" but some of us need them to look good on both mobile AND desktop devices. If you really want to offer responsive templates, you should let us give some specifications--say xx padding for mobile readers and xx for desktop. Also for image sizing, instead of enlarging an image to the full width of the devide it's being viewed on, let us constrain the image to a certain size when viewed on mobile. I know I've mixed another issue in here, but it's all part of this nonsense about how CC is designing templates to look good in mobile without consideration for the concerns your customers are trying to address.

Assist-Deb
Marketing Legend

In the old editor I could adjust the amount of space around images, text blocks etc. Now there is little to no adjustment available to me and it's very frustrating. Images can only be a certain size, text takes up more space than necessary using the fonts and sizes of my choice. 

This is an issue I discussed over a year ago with a customer service rep. It must surely be an issue many of us find frustrating. Will it ever improve???

Frankie_P

@Assist-Deb we apologize this feature isn't available. Being able to adjust the padding on the blocks in an email campaign is a feature request we are still in the process of collecting feedback on. Because of this we have merged your post into a larger thread focused on this feature request. While we don't have a time estimate of when it will be available, we will reach back out to this thread with any further updates.

valeriew19
Rookie

Having the text butt-up against the photo is throwing everything off balance.  I have to go in the manually add Spaces to the text to move it away from the photo.  There has to be a better way to add this padding.  This is padding in all directions around any image in the Registration Page for events.  (Affecting all left, right, up and down, around the image and away from the text).  

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More