Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Ability to edit HTML in email campaign

Arghh not dig'n it. How can I view a new account in the old editor? The new editor is like the new social social sharing tool... a wicked drag.

245 Comments
KarenD67818
Marketing Legend

I'm also disappointed by this. I was told by CC that I should try to transition to the new editor. However, it is missing two VERY essential elements that we use: the ability to make HTML edits, and the ability to insert a table. We use tables for pricing and without that ability I have to use the old editor.

I tried to create a new email the other day in the new editor (without tables) and used the "triple content" block. I uploaded my files to the specific size (188px), but when I sent the preview message to my desktop computer (NOT a mobile device) the elements were stacked. It took an HOUR (no joke) with the CC support and a technician to fix this problem. I have enough knowledge to fix it myself in HTML, but that is no longer an option.

Would be really helpful to have this restored.

LauraF49
Rookie
I tried the new editor for the first time today. It seems to work nice, but my abilities have now been limited. I am not a programmer, but rather an html hack, so losing the ability to switch between html and wysiwyg is huge for me. I'm going to have to stick with my old templates for now. Feedback 1) PLEASE reinstate tables of some kind. I need columns for Title/Part Number/Price etc. I tried tricking the system but you only offer a two column option and trying to work with the space bar to create columns is a yuge headache. Why limit the ability to 2 columns? 2) I've also lost cell padding control, h and v space, alignment, all of that kind of stuff. I miss tables. 3) What happened to the Underline feature? I only see bold and italic. I understand that underline generally indicates a link, but I want the ability to control that. Thanks for letting me provide feedback.
KarenD67818
Marketing Legend

I agree completely. The new editor has some good features (including preview of the mobile version of a message), but without the ability to make minor HTML edits, and NO table option definitely makes it a no-go for us, so we're forced to use the old editor.

MichaelN729
Rookie

The restrictions on the new responsive templates are cumbersome.  

Also, removing the ability to edit HTML code is unappealing.

Not very pleased with the newest changes.  

Any idea when you'll be removing the old platform?

MarkH8034
Rookie

I know how to code and I don't understand why I can't toggle back and forth between code and visual settings. allows you to do that, which makes formatting so much easier for those of us who do know who to code.

Steffes_Group
Campaign Collaborator

I miss the advanced HTML options from previous versions. I didn't use it often, but it helped me to change up the font sizes and tighten the email up sometimes. I wish we had the option to choose advanced or not, maybe put us through some kind of testing to see if we actually know what we are doing or not. haha.

rcppubs23
Marketing Legend

This is pretty much a deal breaker for me switching over to the "new improved" editor. You never know when you are going to need to tweak the code.

NOMA
Rookie

Please bring back the HTML editor ASAP!

AZA9
Campaign Collaborator

I'd like to second this. Having access to the HTML was a major factor in my decision to go with Constant Contact as it allowed me to better control the appearance of our newsletters and to manually fix areas of templates that had gone wonky. I can understand that CC is trying to balance user customization against tight design standards intended to ensure a polished look, but perhaps there could be a pro-user setting--activated only by request and subject to review by CC's design team--that would allow the user access to the HTML and CSS. 

SidD4
Rookie

Anyone know how to copy one block from one email campaign to another email campaign? I used to be able to do this in the 2nd generation advanced editor by copying the HTML and pasting it into the new email. 

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More