Alternate font

I like that we now have the ability to choose between more fonts and that a similar font will be used if the font is unavailable. 

What I wish is that I could specify the alternate font that would be used, because I do use the font as part of the style of my emails, and this way I could ensure that even if an alternate had to be used, it would still fit within that style. As it currently stands, it makes the email with the alternate font look pretty bad.

3 Comments
Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hi @LaurieD957. I'm so glad that you like our new font options! Ultimately, email clients and various devices have the most control over what font is displayed but I can understand how you would like to have more input on what web-safe font would show should your first choice not be installed on the computer or device. I'll open this up for voting

Jen1976
Rookie

This is exactly what I was thinking and hoping I would be able to find a solution for. Constant Contact created a beautiful template for us, but the font is not "safe". The "similar" font that it was changed to on my receiving end did not work at all. I would love to be able to create an original version (which I assume would show if someone viewed it in a browser or is opened via social media/browser) and select the backup safe font. It was so disappointing to see something that originally was smooth and flowing come across and big and bold.

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Not Currently Planned

At this time, there are no plans to include functionality to choose an alternate font should a non-safe webfont not display in an email client. If we hear any updates, we'll post them here.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More