Another swing and a miss

ONCE AGAIN, CC rolls out ill-advised changes for change's sake. The "new" email builder is utter nonsense. It is restrictive, uncooperative, and amateurish. What was wrong with the way it was for YEARS? Why change? Is this really better? I echo what others have said in that it takes MUCH longer to compose an email the way I want it than before. I won't bother asking for an option to use the old editor; as we all know how those requests turn out. I guess we'll just take what's shoved at us and keep paying, as per usual. 

3 Comments
Chris__D
Employee
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hey @SAScc, thanks for sharing your experience. I understand the new editor is a bit different, however, it adds a lot of cool functionality especially with personalized subject lines, RSVP blocks, and most importantly - a mobile responsive design. You mentioned that you found it restrictive and I wanted to see if I could get some further clarification on this. Is there a specific action that you find difficult to perform? 

We want to make the new editor as useful as possible and we really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with it. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll chime in here - been using one version or another of the new one for almost a year. I like some of the recent additions - line spacing is a big winner, for sure. But it's still cumbersome, overly responsive to mouse movement, and some things are almost impossible to do. For example - try changing the color of a block at the bottom of an email to something other than a standard color. Unless one is absolutely totally steady with the mouse *and* knows what to do by trial and error, it is impossible to get to the bottom of the color selection screen to type in the new values.

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Closed - No Action

Because we haven't heard back from this original poster with any further details we are going to close this idea. Though this doesn't mean that we aren't listening to your feedback! If you would like to continue the conversation, please feel free to reply here in the Community or vote on any of the other open ideas to let us know what you would like to see. Thank you for taking the time to post in the Community!

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More