Better confirmation that a test email sent

Hi there, 

Would like to request a feature. When sending a test email to our office, only 5 emails can

be included at one time. Is there a way for a confirmation email to be set up so I can track 

if I've sent a test copy out? Is this an option already? If not an email, maybe under reporting?

Thanks!

10 Comments
Curtis_P
Employee

Hello @ContEd6483,

Thank you for reaching out to the community!

This is a great idea! Thank you for sharing your feedback. We have a perfect section for this called "Feedback and Ideas" where other users can vote on your idea and share their feedback as well. I have gone ahead and moved your topic there so that you can start getting votes right away!

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Hannah_M
Status changed to: Voting Open

shanetbarclay
Regular Participant
After clicking "Send Test" of an email draft, a message briefly appears that says "Success" and that the email draft was sent. It disappears very quickly though, and I am often unsure if it was sent or not because I look away or click to another screen right away. I recommend keeping it there until the window closes. This will prevent me from sending to someone else twice, as I have done a few times.
Candace_M
Employee
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hey @shanetbarclay,

Awesome idea! I will be opening this up to voting so users like yourself can vote and comment on this idea.

DavidS14
Occasional Participant

I don't understand why the notification that a test email has been sent disappears after seconds.  How many times have I sent a test, looked away for a few seconds, and then don't know for sure if the test went before closing the preview window.  It would be REALLY helpful to just keep the notification visible until I close the window, so I know for sure the test was sent.

NateE8
Participant

I've noticed that when a send a test email, a brief "successful" message appears in a green box, then disappears.. The confirmation used to stay there. It would be helpful to have the box remain, as often I move on to another task and can't remember if I've sent the test or not. I design emails for clients, so it can be embarrassing and confusing for me to send more than 1 test fr a specific version - especially if we have multiple rounds of changes.

Sue_Marshall
Participant

It's about time the test email set up evolved. Even a short list of regularly used emails address would be helpful, so not endlessly copying and pasting. Also, when I have a sponsored email that is sent as a test to more than one person, they don't know they've all got it as there is not a CC capacity. The 'it's gone' green flash stays up for 3 seconds (a big sneeze and you'll miss it) and then there's no other record that you've sent it....

McFarlaneAthleticRecruiting
Occasional Participant

Voted!  I agree!

Or have the message show up lower (under the send button).  I often don't scroll up quick enough to catch the email sent successfully message.

It would be of great help if you could leave the green pop-up box up after a "test" or "preview" email has been sent that says "your email has been sent." Why does it have to disappear after 3 seconds. 

ChristyP312
Occasional Participant

I agree with all the users suggesting the "success" text stay up longer. I also would love a way to confirm that a test was sent/opened.

It is so helpful with regular emails through CC to be able to confirm to someone (who claims "I never go it!") that they did indeed get it and even opened it.

With tests it easily as important since management may later say "you never sent me a test" to approve.

Thanks!

What happens with product feedback?

Find out about the life-cycle of a product idea when it is posted on our Feedback board.

Read More

What's New

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More