cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Better sign-up form options

Better sign-up form options

I am disappointed to see that you don't have an option to embed a sign-up form on your website without using a third-party system that is terrible and has terrible reviews (Formstack). Formstack offers no customization or flexibility with design and has 2 out of 5 stars for its customer reviews. Please fix this! If you must force your customers to use a third-party app, at least do due diligence and make sure it is a high-quality app.

18 Comments

This is being posted by David G., Tier 1 technical support for Constant Contact. Betsy is having difficulty getting our Community forums to load, so I offered to make this post on her behalf here in addition to taking her feedback.

Message as follows:

Dearest Constant Contact....

I see my thought is not new. I am among the many who attempted the Formstack option with no success! Their customer service is nul and truly their intent seems to be to maximize their own monetary gains...Service for the customer...Many, many monthes ago I spoke and wrote as I place here today...Please, please, consider this a priority!!!! It may not be for those who have the older option installed and working...as I did wihen with another organization, but consider that some of us are new, or move, or...Please consider thenumbers I see solely in this forum...and the one at Formstack. Please truly crave an embed form that also creates database
Apparently, the embed [formstack] option you once included is gone. I am currently using Contact 7 on my WordPress site. My dilemma is the want for a database to be created and a thank you mail to be sent.
It seems as though an embed code for the constant contact form could be easily generated by a computer but since one is not offered, I wonder. Can this be done? Is there an Application Programming Interface. Please share what is or will be real soon.

I thank you for your time and assistance.

Betsy

Status changed to: New

Advisor

Hello Bob -

We currently do not have any type of integration with Formstack, that relationship has been nullified. We do not offer any type of embedded form, there are 2 options you can check into we have a API interface that you can use, if you know how to program using (c, .net, php etc) or you can check on the Constant Contact marketplace and see if there are any other folks who offer a free embedded forum.

You mentioned also that you use wordpress, we do not have a plugin that is currently supported by Constant Contact directly however if you google Constant Contact wordpress plugin, you will find the one Katz Webdesign developed for wordpress usage.

Mike

Tier 2 Community Support

Advisor

Occasional Visitor
We would like to have more options for sign up buttons. It would also be nice to be able to embed the form right onto our website
CTCT Employee

Hi Ashley,

Thank you for providing us with this feedback!  We don't offer any other buttons besides the ones that are in the account, however you can have your webmaster create a button that you can then link to your sign up form on your website.

We also aren't able to embed the sign-up form on your website, however we do have several different companies that have created different embed sign-up forms that integrate with Constant Contact.  You can search for the different sign-up forms by going to our MarketPlace.

If you have any other questions or feedback, please feel free to reach out to us by phone at 800-240-2302.

Thank you for being a part of Constant Contact!

CTCT Employee

All Star

I created the perfect sign up form on Constant Contact using the standard tools available on the website.   Unfortunately I was only able to get a button or URL to link to it.  There is no way to get the code to embed the form directly on my website.   this means an extra step for my customers.  

As you know, every time an extra click is required, you lose a number of potential customers.   Providing the code to simply embed the form directly on my site would increase my subscriber rate.

Thank you

Pam East

Occasional Contributor

I agree. We use the procaptcha feature from www.snaphost.com/captcha. As a third party app, you'll need to manually manage your lists, however it allows you to customize forms and auto replies. 

Thank you both for your feedback!

Occasional Visitor
Right now, you only allow for the ability for someone to create a "form link", which is a public-facing Constant Contact signup form page for someone to submit an email address, (or have our engineers spend time with your API, which is time consuming). You really should look at creating a simple embed code for each email list that our engineers could then tie to our own customized signup form. This would be so much simpler and less time-consuming than trying to navigate through the API, and would allow a non-engineer like myself to simply give our engineers a snippet of code and be done with it. Most other email programs offer a simple embed code like this.

Thanks for posting, Mark!

There is now an option to embed a sign up form on the JMML options page. 

2015-05-26_10-06-32.jpg

Status changed to: Closed - Implemented