cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Campaign Archiving & Storage

Campaign Archiving & Storage

We need to be able to archive our completed campaigns. I have to go through our sent campaigns once a month and delete many of them because it is impossible to navigate through our campaigns otherwise. And what happens if we need to revisit a campaign a year from now? I have to dig through the deleted campaigns to find it? We need to be able to create folder and archive completed campaigns for future use and reference. The system as it is currently set up is completely non-intuitive and doesn't help the user.
39 Comments
Frequent Visitor
I produce a weekly newsletter for the Northeast Region of the National Park Service. In this newsletter I would like to link to other constant contact newsletters but I understand from tech support that this is not possible if those newsletters were produced using the current version of constant contact because it does not have archiving capability. I would also like to be able to archive my newsletters, but more importantly I'd like to be able to link to other newsletters. Thank you.
Advisor
Status changed to: New

Thanks for sharing the feedback about Archive. Ar eyou familiar with the previous Archive product? If so, would you like the entire product (homepage, links, etc) to be available or are you just looking for a way to get permenent links to sent camapigns and a way to store them in the account?

Occasional Visitor
Where are the archives?

Hi JonB829 

Thanks for posting. Archive is not available in a Toolkit account. Can you tell me more about what you were looking to do so I can help?

Thanks!

Occasional Visitor
I'm really frustrated that the archive option is not available in the new toolkit.

Regular Visitor

I'm with JonBB29! The archives were a very important part of my customers online marketing and a big part of my sales pitch as to why CC was so great. I work with companies that provide patients with prostheses. Getting a new arm or leg is not something that someone usually plans to do. The internet, obviously, is a very important resource for them when it comes to finding the right prosthetist. Archiving past newsletters was an extremely important part of my customers' website marketing as new patients could access all the old newsletters. The archives worked perfectly. It just does not work to "share socially" on a facebook page. Does.Not.Work. 

Occasional Contributor
It really is ridiculous how I have to go through and put hundreds of emails in the "Deleted" section because otherwise, I cannot search through them all to find the templates I need. Having an archiving feature where I can build folders for my individual campaigns that repeat every few months and yearly would be a huge help, as would a search feature. As it is, I have to try to sort my sent campaigns alphabetically and then load page after page after page of campaigns until I find the one I need. Its time-consuming, tedious, and not at all user-friendly.
Frequent Visitor
I have always been a satisfied user of Constant Contact, and in fact manage it for 4 organizations. Just tried the new beta wizard for the first time and found it lacking in many of the features of the standard version. I was unable to set features like creating a webpage when I copied an email from the beta version, and I can't get the sent email into my archive list. Also, creating a link in the body of my email did not give me the option for an anchor, only one option for a weblink which I also used for an email link. I do hope that these features are lacking only in the beta version. Thank you.
Regular Visitor
This is a huge problem for us here at the CCTS. We always archive (and are paying you for it) our email newsletters and, with your service's encouragement, we switched over to a mobile-friendly template. Once we switched over to the mobile-friendly template, we spent a lot of time getting the design to where we wanted it to be and sent out our first newly designed, mobile-friendly newsletter...only to find out that there is no way to archive it and add the link to our website. We need to be able to archive our newsletters, and when this is fixed, we also need to be able to go back (now two newsletters) to archive ones we sent out from the past. Your support people saved our email as a PDF, but that is barely acceptable, even as a temporary fix. PLEASE make archiving for your mobile-friendly templates available ASAP. Otherwise, we need to figure out how to get our money back for the archiving service you are charging us for and we will look around to consider other options for our newsletter management. Sincerely, Jeff Grever The Ohio State University Center for Clinical and Translational Science jeff.grever@osumc.edu
All Star
I really need to be able to archive selected e-mails. There are many times when I need to link someone to a previous e-mail without having to resend it to a broad group. Am I just missing where the archive option is located for these templates?
I used a mobile-friendly template for the first time, and while I was very pleased with the design and layout, I have been frustrated with creating, scheduling, and sending the email. When scheduling the email, there was no option to create an archive copy. Nor is the sent email showing up in the list of emails that have been sent but not archived. I reopened the email as if I were going to resend it, to see if I had overlooked an archive option. I do not actually want to resend the email. Now, because I have reopened it, it is showing up in my drafts instead of my sent emails and I see nowhere that I can cancel resending. I also do not see any options for archiving.
Hi There, it seems that your sending and scheduling options have changed and I am no longer able to see where to save emails in to the archive. Is this feature still active? I can't see where to add my emails to the archive anymore. If not, please let me know...we rely on it. Thanks!
All Star
We really need to be able to archive our emails to include them on our web site. Please add this feature to the new editor!

I am about to remove two accounts from CC due to the inability of archiving mobile-template emails. AND the fact that this thread has gone on for months with no input from CC itself. AND the fact that when I asked about adding PayPal buttons to mobile templates, I was specifically told I couldn't.

(For those of you who want to: create the button in PP, use the "email" option for a link, create a button in the mobile template on CC, then link that to your PP btn.) It's a workaround that CC COULD have told me about but didn't know/ didn't care.

Has anyone checked their "Welcome" email recently? That seems to be messed up as well.

I'm thinking the $75 a month our two clients pay is WAY wasted at this point.

Visitor
Since you already offer the storage and URL links for each campaign, it would be great to have a customizable portal that we could select which of our email campaigns would show up in. That way we could have a link in our newsletter, or on our website, etc., where we could send our audience to view past newsletters. I have used other email marketing services in the past that did have this option, and it was most definitely a value add!
All Star
Please add the ability to archive messages sent using the phone friendly templates. When I use them, then I can't link the information to my web page. Love Constant Contact except for this issue.
All Star
Love it. Easy. Quick. Intuitive. Bravo! However, the social share option seems to revert back a version or two. I had problems with it. I live the new social share screen. Please link that to your mobile email product. One other thing: I archive all my emails. The beta version does not include that option. Please add that functionality. You're on to a winner here.