cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Campaign Archiving & Storage

Campaign Archiving & Storage

We need to be able to archive our completed campaigns. I have to go through our sent campaigns once a month and delete many of them because it is impossible to navigate through our campaigns otherwise. And what happens if we need to revisit a campaign a year from now? I have to dig through the deleted campaigns to find it? We need to be able to create folder and archive completed campaigns for future use and reference. The system as it is currently set up is completely non-intuitive and doesn't help the user.
39 Comments
Status changed to: New

All Star

Please add the archive ability to the mobile templates. If I would have known it wasn't available, I wouldn't have used that format. had to go back and create a couple newsletters in the old format in order to archive them and add to our archive site.

All Star
Hello. I no longer see the option to archive. Can you tell me where to find it? Thank you.
I would like to be able to have an embed code so that we can automatically post our campaigns to our organization's website. We would like to create a tab on our website to house all of our constant contact pieces on. If anyone knows how we could accomplish this or has any guidance, it would be greatly appreciated.

HI @JillL964

We don't offer any automatic sharing directly from Constant Contact but you can set up the campaign to share to social media but would need to find a way to pull that into your site without copying. You are welcome to use the short URL manually for the timebeing!

Status changed to: New

All Star
The new templates are interesting, but I could not find the "archive" feature. If the new templates auto-archive, can you let me know that?
All Star

As it exists now, the Email Archive function is quite tedious to use/update, though the final product is fine. It would be great to make adding items to the archive more streamlined. Here's the current method: First I have to switch to an approved browser (IE or Firefox) and log in again. Then head over to the Archive section under Email. Here's where the trouble starts. I click on Archive More Emails and manually click through the ones to add. Not so hard, right? Except that's only the beginning. Then I back out of there and go to Edit Archive Homepage where I basically repeat the exact same process. I edit the block with the archive list, manually click through the ones to add, then save and "finish." But it's still NOT done! Finally, I click the Update Homepage button. This takes 3-5 minutes of clicking around, and it's just annoying--especially when adding multiple emails.

New Idea: Have the archive email list look like a blog post history. A simple list that links to the emails permalink. They should already have a permalink because of the "view webpage version" option in email creation. Almost every major blog has a post history, and that's all my folks really need. That's sort of what the end product looks like now, but with "Archive" turned on (it's a paid add on) I'd rather have all emails add by default and choose to manually remove some than go through some duplicated check box process like now. I'm not sure what they're trying to avoid with the current setup. It looks like they want you to be really sure about posting to the archive. But these are already published emails, so what's the fuss? The more effort I have to invest to update an archive, the more likely it will be out of date and ignored. Having an automatic archive/history would be GREAT!!!

Occasional Contributor

We would also like to keep our events vs. deleting them, but not see the inactive/completed events in the same list as the active/open ones.

Frequent Visitor
This drives me crazy! Why can't you just have a rolling list of all my campaigns in one screen? When I go back to review, when I'm done, i have to close it then end up in the present again. This makes me have to click back through multiple screens to get back to where I was. So If I want to look at Feb and Jan and December, I have to go through too many screens. Make it an open list - not separate pages - This is extremely inconvenient and time consuming. Thanks! Ronnie
Occasional Contributor

Well, that was a shock! All my archived emails have disappeared from any way to reach them - and we publish them when a new newsletter comes out to add. Only 50 email reports available. Annoying "you v industry" on EVERY report. New format, no warning, no way to click campaign name and see all statistics in one handy place.

My suggestion is to NOT remove functionality (ability to view stats for over 50 emails & to see archived emails) and NOT add "features" (such as "you v industry" on every single report) that are not optional. The latter just comes across as nagging.

All Star
I am very disappointed in your decision to eliminate the ARCHIVE feature. I create an archive of each weekly campaign and place it in the created archive page. Our readers are able to research and review the newsletters and also use them to copy pertinent information to use in other communiques. No threat: I must have the ability to easily create an archive page or (regrettably) I will be forced to find some other company to use for our newsletters and other campaigns.
Regular Visitor
Why did you drop the "archive after sending" option for scheduled emails?
Regular Visitor
And I want it back NOW!!!!!! I work for a homeowner's association and have been using the archive function on constant contact to provide links to our old emails to the residents. Due to the proprietary website that we must use for the gate transponder system, I cannot add individual hyperlinks to each email to our website. The archive function was the only way I could direct people to our communication history. And then you took it away without notice. That sucks big time. Please bring it back!!!!
Visitor
I am extremely disappointed in CC for removing the archive page feature without any prior notice. My monthly eletter is a professional resource and I recommend to readers that they cruise past issues for relevant links when researching topics. It is a step backward for customers of CC which they should rectify by returning the archive page. And in the future using customer feedback to implement changes rather than guessing!
Occasional Visitor

I completely agree. We just sent our our first newsletter with plans to send out monthly or quarterly newsletters to our biggest customer.  I need my audience to be able to access previous newsletters as the content will stay relevant to them.  Since I am new to working with Constant Contact I am unclear if archiving used to be a feature and has been taken away.  From the previous post it sounds like that is the case.  I must say, it seems as though several key features were dropped with the newest version.  I had to recreate my campaign using the older version as there is no longer a forward to a friend button and forwarding the email does not maintain the proper format.  I look forward to hearing how these critical issues will be handled.

This is NUTS!  Can't go back to find/copy e-mails from previous campaigns.  PLEASE, PLEASE FIX.  The time saving of being able to go back by page number was immeasurable.  .

Status changed to: Voting Open

Status changed to: Closed - Indirectly Fixed