Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Campaigns Missing in Search Results

Your search function is frustrating and not useful. If words are in a title of a campaign, they should just show up when I use those words in search.

Top Answer
Frankie_P

Hi everyone, thank you for your patience as we looked into this! The good news is we have received word from our engineers that this issue has been resolved. If it is still occurring or if you have any additional questions on this, please don’t hesitate to respond to this post as we would be happy to assist you further.

85 Comments
Caitlin_M
Administrator

Hi @QuantumHealth. Could you provide examples of keyword searches that you have done that didn't pull in a result? If you do these same searches under the Reporting tab, do you see the correct search results?

QuantumHealth
Rookie

@Caitlin_M 16362, 16355, 15982, wellness, incentive, email, [client name], reminder...these are keywords and numbers associated with multiple campaigns currently at draft status yet do not appear in search results on either Campaigns or Reporting pages (I assume they don't appear under Reporting because they haven't yet been sent). Oddly, the word searches produce results on the Campaigns page before a certain date, as if entries after a certain date are having issues.

DaveM68
Campaign Contributor

?

Kyle_R
Administrator

Thanks for providing that information Dave. I've been looking into it and I believe there is one (potentially two) issues going on that I'm still looking in to. It seems like there is a delay with some new campaigns being indexed so that they can quickly be returned in search results. I'm also looking into a potentially related issue that could potentially limit how many campaigns are returned for certain keywords. You may get results, but not all recent campaigns may be listed in the results.

As far as the order of the campaigns listed in the search, by default search results will sort by "Most Relevant" which is listing the results by the frequency of the search term being used. You should be able to click on that and change the sort to alphabetical or chronological, however, due to the issue of some new campaigns missing it looks like New > Old might not return the results you'd expect quite yet. My apologies it isn't working correctly quite yet.

(Side note: The ability to filter/search campaigns by send date doesn't seem to be impacted by this issue, so that might help narrow your list down in the mean time if you need help finding a campaign.) 

Kyle_R
Administrator

Thanks for the additional information @QuantumHealth ! You're correct that the Reporting page will only show campaigns in Sent status. It looks like we had an issue with the process of getting all/newer campaigns indexed to be searched. We're working out some of the issues and will keep this thread updated with any news - sorry for the troubles!

It might be worth mentioning that the "Filters emails by send date" on the Campaigns page, and the search on the Reporting page isn't impacted by this issue. So that could potentially help out in finding any sent campaigns.

JeffreyD921
Rookie
This function still does not work correctly. For example, I send an email almost every week to my list called kansas. I always have the word kansas in the name of the campaign. Yet when I search for "kansas" I only get 2 emails from along time ago that come up.
Caitlin_M
Administrator

Hello @JeffreyD921. As Kyle mentioned, with the introduction of the search campaign feature, this has caused a lag in allowing newer campaigns to appear in search results. If you are searching for a campaign in a sent status, you can search for it under the Reporting tab as this area updates quicker than the Campaigns tab. 

pyc_manager
Campaign Contributor
Dear Constant Contact. If I want to look up an obituary I wrote in a past news letter by the person's name-- it is problematic in your Contact Contact Search Functions. Wish you would improve it. Pamela
Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: New

Hi @pyc_manager. Could you provide examples of last names that you have used? 

GSSMark
Rookie
The search function in Constant Contact seems truly awful. Doesn't pull up anything relevant in any of our many searches.
Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More