Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Campaigns Missing in Search Results

Your search function is frustrating and not useful. If words are in a title of a campaign, they should just show up when I use those words in search.

Top Answer
Frankie_P

Hi everyone, thank you for your patience as we looked into this! The good news is we have received word from our engineers that this issue has been resolved. If it is still occurring or if you have any additional questions on this, please don’t hesitate to respond to this post as we would be happy to assist you further.

85 Comments
Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @GSSMark. What keywords have you used to search for campaigns? Why weren't these relevant for you? 

Marisa_M
Marketing Legend

I don't know if it's just my account but I have been having issues with the Campaign search feature not retrieving results for recent campaigns (recent meaning, within the last 6-8 months).

I thought I was losing it because for the last few months, anytime I search for a phrase that I know I've used in a previous campaign and sort the results with the newest or recently modified at the top, I only see emails from March 2019 or older.  However, I have just verified that it is definitely not just me, and it is indeed the search that is malfunctioning and I can prove it.  We send out a monthly calendar and every single campaign is named "(month) Calendar".  If I search for the word "Calendar" and sort by most recent, the newest result is a campaign that was sent on March 29, 2018.  

Can you please fix this?? I use the search all the time being that we have over 1,600 campaigns and counting... 

DrewR89
Campaign Contributor
Your email Search feature is useless. Is there any attempt to getting it working properly, so you can find current emails?
Caitlin_M
Administrator

Hi @Marisa_M and @DrewR89. Kyle has previously provided some information about why some campaigns are not appearing in searches. This is something we are still working on and I apologize that we do not have any updates to share. If you are searching for a sent campaign, you can search by campaign name under the Reporting tab. Please note that you cannot search for content or by subject line in this area but I wanted to provide it as a workaround. 

QuantumHealth
Rookie

Thanks for getting back to me Kyle_R! I appreciate the additional information. Filtering by Drafts certainly helps speed up the manual search.

Marisa_M
Marketing Legend

Hi @Caitlin_M, thanks for the info and the workaround to search in the Reports section, however, that's not really all that helpful because I need to see the thumbnails to know which previous campaign I want to copy from.  Searching in Reports does bring up the newer campaigns, but then I have to click on the campaign to see it (and copy from), and if it's not the one I want, when I go back to the reporting page, my search is reset and i have to search again and sort, and find where I left off.  Many, many, many clicks and pages - too cumbersome. 

It would be appreciated if you could fix the search indexing issue from the campaigns interface.

Thanks.

NLADA
Rookie

Hello,

This is general feedback.

Your search engine needs more work, as it does not function in any usable capacity. It returns campaigns that are completely irrelevant to the search term. It does not return relevant campaigns even when I use quotation marks or narrow the search item by the offered categories. It is nearly unusable. I have better and more accurate luck finding campaigns by using the ctrl+f function.

NelsonL17
Rookie

Came here to add to the chorus of voices asking for the "Search" functionality to be made, well, functional. 

Not being able to search for campaigns (ALL campaigns, regardless of date or status), having to scroll and scroll is really inefficient.

The ability to "Search" is a basic expectation among users of pretty much any application. I hope the team prioritizes fixing this. Thanks!

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Voting Open

LoisH48
Brand Visionary
I have been asking Constant Contact for a search engine for campaigns for over 5 years---every time I call about anything. I can see the topic in the chat rooms as well. The ONLY thing that worked was the search feature on the Reporting page and you took it away!! The Overview and Trends are important too, but above the list of campaigns, you NEED to put the search tool back! The search tool on the Campaigns page does not work, even with a wild card * as recommended by your customer service group. No results are ever found---useless. I'm hoping that the 30min call volume you had this morning was because other customers were just as upset. Please fix immediately.
Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More