Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Campaigns Missing in Search Results

Your search function is frustrating and not useful. If words are in a title of a campaign, they should just show up when I use those words in search.

Top Answer
Frankie_P

Hi everyone, thank you for your patience as we looked into this! The good news is we have received word from our engineers that this issue has been resolved. If it is still occurring or if you have any additional questions on this, please don’t hesitate to respond to this post as we would be happy to assist you further.

85 Comments
Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: New

Hi @LoisH48. The search feature under Reporting has not been taken away. You will need to scroll down past the Overview and Trends area and it appears above your list of campaigns. 

I'm merging your original post into a larger thread containing similar feedback about the search feature under Campaigns not populating results. When the search feature was made available in accounts, it caused a lag in allowing newer campaigns to appear in search results. Our teams are working on bringing the feature up to date and we will update the thread as soon as we hear anything. 

StevenH4100
Rookie
You have a pretty weak search logarithm. I'm trying to find an email I created using a simple keyword/phrase - a partial name of the product I'm selling. It was in the last couple of months, but all that's being returned to me is from years ago.
Kyle_R
Administrator
Status changed to: Open Questions

Thanks for the feedback @StevenH4100 - We've seen a few problems with some campaigns being delayed in being indexed into the search results. I'm willing to guess that's what is happening since it sounds like you're getting to the end of your search results with the campaign missing. In the event that the keyword is bringing up quite a few results with older campaigns being shown first, it might be worthwhile to try changing the sort option after you search from "Most Relevant" to "Last Modified". In some cases older emails find their way to the top of the most relevant filter because they use the search term more frequently.

We'll update once the delay issue is addressed to see if that fixes it for you.

KristinaT7
Campaign Contributor
Your search function is SO TERRIBLE -- I can literally put in the exact name of the campaign and it does not find it. You must fix this. It is so basic and so terrible. You can't put in the status and then search fro something within that status. It is ridiculous. I spend WAY too much time having to scroll through emails to find what I know is there but your search function doesn't ever find! It doesn't even produce results by date! UGH!!! PLEASE!!!
Caitlin_M
Administrator

Hi @KristinaT7. I'm moving your post into a larger thread that has similar concerns about our search feature. There is an issue with the process of getting all/newer campaigns indexed to be searched. We're working out some of the issues and will keep this thread updated with any news.

In the meantime, you can use the Search function under the Reporting tab to search for campaign names. Please note this will only search sent email campaigns.

TimothyF
Marketing Legend

Seems like you can only see campaigns from 12 months back!!!!!  How do I get to my older campaigns?  I also miss the filter that allowed you to see how many campaigns a particular email LIST has received.

TimothyF
Marketing Legend

Am I missing something?  How do I get back to older campaigns on the reporting page.  I am often asked to hunt down something that was sent years ago.   Suggestions welcome!!!!  

Caitlin_M
Administrator

Hi @TimothyF. I'm moving your posts into a larger thread that has similar concerns about our search feature. There is an issue with the process of getting newer campaigns indexed to be searched. We're working out some of the issues and will keep this thread updated with any news.

In the meantime, you can use the Search function under the Reporting tab to search for campaign names. Please note this will only search sent email campaigns.

Magnificat
Rookie
The search feature in the campaign view does not work for me, no matter what search settings I have in place. I searched the word "Thanksgiving" to find the email we sent on Thanksgiving 2019, and the most recent email that comes up is from 2018. Then I tried searching by subject line, and used the exact subject line of the email that was sent, and it said there were zero search results. This is incredibly frustrating. Please advise as to how I am supposed to use this tool in order for it to be effective.
DPaganComm
Rookie
Hi Constant Contact - the search functionality that you have in place is absolutely horrendous. I've never had success with it. Today, I searched "JVC" (which I know for a fact is on several campaign names and subject lines) and received NO results. Yesterday, I searched for an exact campaign name and nothing came back. I end up having to scroll through my thousands of campaigns to find something and it is very time-consuming. I'm not sure if this is just unique to our account, but I would say it's definitely worth a look on your end.
Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More