cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can no longer rename sent emails ("campaigns") ???

Can no longer rename sent emails ("campaigns") ???

So now (unless I'm missing something I've spent 15 minutes looking for on the site and in the forums) it is no longer possible to rename sent email campaigns? Why would developers remove something so useful and widely used ???
139 Comments
Regular Visitor
I copy some of my campaigns and often forget to rename them - it seems you can't rename them once they've been sent??
Status changed to: New

I would like to be able to rename my campaigns after I sent them. I sometimes have forgotten to do it before scheduling the delivery and now I have "copy of ..." Rather annoying for us OCD people. Thanks!
Visitor
I like the new Interface, however, one of the features that is no longer available is editing of an email name after the email has been sent (or at least I have not found a way to do it). That was a feature that was added to your system some time ago, and I was truly appreciative of it - especially when pushing out a quick email and forgetting to rename it (after copying the template). Thank you again, hope you can reinstate that feature.
Visitor
Return the ability to change the name of an email once posted. Sometimes there is a typo in the name that you want to correct after the email is created. You could do this up until your new interface.

Another vote for editing sent email titles!!

All Star

@MatsonB wrote:
I like the new Interface, however, one of the features that is no longer available is editing of an email name after the email has been sent (or at least I have not found a way to do it). That was a feature that was added to your system some time ago, and I was truly appreciative of it - especially when pushing out a quick email and forgetting to rename it (after copying the template). Thank you again, hope you can reinstate that feature.

I agree. We have a couple of users sending out emails, and in order to keep the naming consistent I need to be able to edit the email name sometimes. Why ever would you REMOVE that capability? That makes no sense. Please add that feature back.

Occasional Contributor
Unable to rename campaigns in NEW SITE
Regular Organizer
Status changed to: Voting Open

All Star

In reply to your actual question, which isn't necessarily a rhetorical one (and this is just a guess from another user): if I am recalling the timing of things with any accuracy, I believe this latest generation editor was already well into development when the ability to change a campaign name was added to the previous-generation editor.  So, the idea and capability of renaming campaigns didn't even exist in the plans for this latest version was it was mapped out.  But why it wasn't worked in while programming was in progress?  I don't know.

Over the years I have seen other useful existing features and capabilities dropped upon upgrade, and maybe this could be one reason.

Michael

Regular Visitor

Please update your email system so that we can Rename a Sent Campaign. This is a necessary feature for being able to find and sort through email campaigns. Thanks so much. 

Regular Organizer

Great idea, thank you for your feedback. 

Regular Organizer

Would you please add this feature back? Thanks!

Another backward move with this update. Renaming a campaign was a simple convenience. Why was it taken away? I don't want "COPY OF ____" as the permanent name of a campaign if I forget to change it before it's sent.  

Other issues with the update: no search feature for email campaigns was added. People have been asking for this for a long time and it's standard in most computer programs---search key words in the title or even better, in the text of the campaigns. Then instead of skipping pages to look for old emails, we now have to scroll. So tedious and unproductive.  

All Star
I used to be able to change the name of an email that had already been sent. I can't do it now. (It only showed as the new name in my list of emails; the old name stayed in the list of people who opened the email.)
All Star
Step by step instructions on how to rename an email campaign don't work! No "RENAME" option in the Action options!
All Star

TOTALLY AGREE!  Plus the added frustration is that there are HELP instructions on how to rename, but they don't work!