cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't insert custom fields in email body

0 Votes

Can't insert custom fields in email body

It is asinine that Constant Contact does not have a simple insert field tool in the basic editor or that you can't easily switch between using the basic editor and the html editor. I know you can add the greeting field. And, I know you can write the special html code for inserting a custom field in an email. I don't want to write my whole email in html code, but I do want to insert one custom field in the email body. Constant Contact absolutely can and should have this capability in place and it's extremely frustrating that it doesn't.

16 Comments
Occasional Visitor

Using the new Gallileo Editor it's crazy not to have merge fields for personalization like First Name Come On this should be stock standard and is one of the most rudimentary functions of an email marketing system

Not applicable
Status changed to: New

The latest email editor does not enable insertion of custom fields into the email beyond greeting. This is critical for our campaigns. Ideally it would also be possible to insert custom field content into the Subject a well.

Thanks for posting!

HI @ChrisU57

I took a look at your accoutn and see that you are using the second generation editor so you should have the abiltiy to insert custom fields as variable fields. 

2015-11-25_13-51-30.gif

Visitor
Greetings, We are new subscribers and realize the platform is missing a key feature for how we had hoped to use it. We liked that we could create custom date fields within the contact, but are disappointed that we cannot generate emails based on those custom field. For us, we need to keep in touch with our contacts based on those custom date fields so are unable to automate the process. Any chance this will be added to the Birthday/Anniversary feature? The ability to generate messages based on custom date fields?
In my case, I send out campaigns to many different brides and grooms. It really helps me out that I can use the greeting tag so I don't have to manually send 300 different emails. BUT I would love to see a DATE tag that way the brides and grooms feel like the campaign is more personalized to them. So rather than saying "We still have some availability for your date." it could be "We still have some availability for your date, xx/xx/xx.

My colleage and I are currently utilizing the free trial of CC.

It appears the main reason we would potentially purchase cc  is not yet available.

We NEED to be able to insert custom field (ie BIRTHDAY) into the email body.   Is there any update on the status of this option becoming available in the near future?

Status changed to: Voting Open

Status changed to: Closed - No Action

Unable to add customized fields in email body. Is it possible to do it during drag and drop design or the only way I can add then is via html editor? 

I want this feature as well. It is possible in other mail merge programs to add custom fields to the content.