cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Captions for photos

Captions for photos

I REALLY need to be able to add a caption under photos in our newsletters. The option of adding text on top of a photo is not a good option at all. The caption should be immediately beneath the photo in a stand alone text box. Also, it would be extremely helpful to be able to position a photo within an article anywhere within the photo -- not at the very top.
47 Comments
Occasional Visitor
- a preview button doesn't work - images can't be captioned
CTCT Employee
Status changed to: New

Thanks @BayouPreservation -- Can you please elaborate on the Preview issue you experienced? I appreciate it! As for image captioning, this doesn't yet exist (but we may implement in the future).

All Star
I would like to write a caption for an image in an article block. Is there a way to do this? Thank you!
CTCT Employee

Thanks for your feedback! Right now, there isn't a way to insert an image caption. 

Hello, If I pull in a text block below an image to use as a caption for the image, there's too much white space between the bottom of the image and the text block. It looks so awkward as a caption that I can't use it. Thank you.

Thanks for your feedback about image captions, this is a great idea for the future! Can you clarify on being able to have images anywhere in the block? If you needed an image located toward the bottom of a specific piece of content it would be best to place the content in its own block but I can understand how this is frustrating! 

Status changed to: Voting Open

All Star

Hannah M, I find this to be a problem as well. You used to have easy functionality to simply add a caption to a photo. I'm not sure why you took that out in this new interface? I'd like to be able to click on the image and add both a link and a caption easily.

All Star

Is it possible to add a caption to a picture?

Solution Provider

Hi,

Will the 3G editor have captioning capability soon? I miss that feature from 2G.

Thank you,

Tobi Schwartz-Cassell

Franks and Beans Events

Collingswood, NJ

All Star

I agree with Leah. It used to be so simple to add a caption to a photo. Why would you remove that ability? I want my photo to be wrapped by text, but I want to add a caption to the photo. 

All Star

Please put in a method for easily adding captions to photos!

All Star

Please add a caption option for photos! 

All Star

to add a signature to the bottom, you have to insert a photo, which leaves too much white space under the letter. 

Solution Provider

I agree with TechD. I too use a JPEG of my signature at the end of my and a client's newsletter and there is too much space between the end of the letter and the signature. And an overall comment--the 2G editor was much easier to work with. It was more intuitive and user-friendly than 3G.

The 3rd Generation editor has a lot of good improvements over the one I am now using. But I will not be switching to it until certain improvements are made.

1. With the current editor I am able to create a table and then control the borders of the table re thickness, color, etc. No such capability exists with the 3rd.

2. With the current editor I am able to edit the style sheet to control such things as the thickness of the overall border of the piece. I see no such capability in the 3rd.

3. One cannot add captions to photos in all presentations.

I am presently experimenting with the 3rd and if other issues occur to me will report them.

All Star

I have the same frustration over this "new and improved" editor. I really dislike it and the loss of captioning a photo simply baffles me!