cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Captions for photos

Captions for photos

I REALLY need to be able to add a caption under photos in our newsletters. The option of adding text on top of a photo is not a good option at all. The caption should be immediately beneath the photo in a stand alone text box. Also, it would be extremely helpful to be able to position a photo within an article anywhere within the photo -- not at the very top.
48 Comments

I agree - 2G was much better than whatever this 3G thing is. And ability to caption an image is a must. Just curious - why did you change something that was working to something that doesn't work as well? It just drives me crazy now.

Regular Visitor

I need captions below photos. Please add this functionality ASAP!

Please add ability for photo captions. Please add photo captions. Can you please add photo captions? What is it about this message that isn't clear?

Regular Visitor

Just want to keep this as an issue still.  Captioning photos is important to your users. Please create this function. 

All Star

Please bring back the ability to create photo captions in the third gen editor. Honestly, I've been waiting to see it come back -- seems like such an elementary thing.

Yes, this is an issue for us as well. Please add the option to add photo captions back!

Regular Visitor

What I wouldn't give for the old interface. I begged to keep mine. 

Solution Provider

Have you made any progress on captions? This has been going on for way too long.

All Star

Agree -- and not a bit. This was a huge miss on third gen.

Valued Contributor

I found where Constant Contact says it can be done with the multi column blocks, but even there, you want to be able to adjust the size AND the line-height, but that option has also been removed (line height). When you just change the size then you have wide spacing between the lines. Why would you do that???

I was not a fan of the old caption feature either, which didn't allow for punctuation like commas, parentheses, etc. but at least you could adjust the size adequately. If you are not allowing access to the html to set the line height, then the interface should adjust the line-height to go with the change in size.

Valued Contributor

Agree with ROM_elizabeth, there is way too much space between photo and caption when you use a text block under the photo. And also if you adjust the type size the line height doesn't adjust accordingly.

Allowing access to the html would at least solve the line height problem. Not sure if it would solve the space between blocks problem but you need to provide a way this can be done by the user when needed.

THanks.

If you are really desperate, you could edit the photo itself (in Photoshop or other) and add that as part of the photo. Then upload the photo.

All Star

Having a caption appear with an image is critical for us. We are an archive, and we must note the details of the image along with the photographer. Having the image in a column looks terrible in our emails as our sections are longer (by design). This is a serious enough issue that we will have to look for another email company that will give us both responsive design and image captions. I'm very disappointed.

I agree with the above. I miss the ability to add a caption to a photo. 

Occasional Visitor

You guys need to have a way to add captions AND the ability to wrap text around that caption and photo so I can have a paragraph, a photo and a caption all in one section. 

Extremely annoying and baffling that Constant Contact took away the ability to insert a photo caption. Photo captions provide information to the newsletter reader and credit to the photographer. This one deficiency is preventing me from switching to the 3rd generation editor.

Established Member

Photo captions are no longer available for photos in the new editor. We'd like that option to be available in a future version of the new editor since we often add photos in line with body text and do not want to create a second column just for the caption to appear under the photo.

All Star

When writing a media announcement about a new hire I need a way to put the person's name and title directly UNDER their photo (not on it). There used to be a way to do it in the old editor but I cannot find it in the new one.  Same thing for an office photo - I need to label it directly under the photo. 

Frequent Visitor

I am still using the legacy email. I feel like I have more control with that editor. I have been trying to design a new email and the thing I miss the most is not being able to put captions under pictures.

Yes, I always need an image caption!!  Ridiculous we cannot do this basic publication task!