cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Captions for photos

Captions for photos

I REALLY need to be able to add a caption under photos in our newsletters. The option of adding text on top of a photo is not a good option at all. The caption should be immediately beneath the photo in a stand alone text box. Also, it would be extremely helpful to be able to position a photo within an article anywhere within the photo -- not at the very top.
48 Comments
Regular Visitor

Does anyone know if any of the other email services provide such "advanced" features as adding captions? I'm tired of this dumbed down version. 

I add a new text under my image and then type in a caption.

Also the 3 image option provides a caption. Not sure why the others don't. But one can then delete those images one does not want leaving the one with the image. A bit of a work around but it can work. 

Valued Contributor

Adding a text block under the image...have you found a way to make that work when your image is inserted in the text block for your text to run around? I don't think it's possible.

No I have not found a way to add a caption under an image in a text block directly. One work around, admittedly awkward, would be to create your image with text under it. Then do a screen shot of that which gives you a new image including the caption. Then insert that new image where you need it. 

Visitor

There used to be a tab on the image menu  drop down to create a caption for an image without having to add a text box and then it messing up the rest of the email.  Now it is tedious at best to add a caption and it messes up the text and spacing.  Today I called for help and still it took me probably an extra hour to try and get everything in alignment.  One of the caption is still off center.  There used to be the option for the caption.....why would you take that away?  Please add it back into the image menu, please....it is very frustrating. 

Why can't constant contact add a captioning function to the third generation? It was available in the previous generation AND folks have been complaining about this for FIVE years! What gives, CC? 

All Star

Agreed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hard to believe this was suggested 3 years ago and has not been fixed.  Please consider adding image captions to your functionality sooner rather than later.  This is a pretty basic ask for a communications tool such as Constant Contact.