Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Captions for photos

I REALLY need to be able to add a caption under photos in our newsletters. The option of adding text on top of a photo is not a good option at all. The caption should be immediately beneath the photo in a stand alone text box. Also, it would be extremely helpful to be able to position a photo within an article anywhere within the photo -- not at the very top.

Top Answer
Kyle_R
Administrator

We are updating the status of all ideas to hopefully provide better insight into where the issue is in the product pipeline. The status of this idea is being updated to Under Consideration meaning the request is known and there is a ticket in our product/engineering backlog for this item. Thank you for all the feedback so far.

73 Comments
CharlesM89
Marketing Legend

They aren't listening!

GDEC
Campaign Collaborator

Not all of us are using your service for commerce, and we sure could use the ability to add captions right under a picture to identify members and/or guests in our newsletter.  It is a waste of space to have to add a text element under a picture just to add a caption.  You can't get the caption up close enough to the picture.  

And speaking of pictures, why can't you insert a photo anywhere you want to in a text box?

VictorK7
Rookie

I have gone from the previous editor to the new one with the blocks. A terrible disappointment. I spent a few frustrating hours trying to make it work to find out only that it can't be done. The separate text block for caption or embedding the caption in a photo that can be scaled is UNACCEPTABLE.  There are two immediate things that would make me happy.   

1. Have an easy way to add captions to an image that would follow the image. 

2. Place the image anywhere in the text block.   Now, I've got my story broken up into pieces to do that.  

WordPress is able to do this with blocks!   So, it IS possible.   I have used ConstantContact for more than 12 years and this is really a terrible setback. I decided NOT to use captions in my latest newsletter, but that's hokey. 

Please correct and make this work.  I run short newsletter articles and need continuity and natural placement of pictures in block whereever I want. 

Thank you for listening. 

Victor Kubik

rcppubs23
Marketing Legend

Yup. me too.

Please "Fix" this.

JulieM59
Rookie

I totally agree with the comments above. I am very unhappy with Constant Contact now. I would go back to the previous generation in a heartbeat if it were possible. I'm considering subscribing to a different email service.

KathyM66
Campaign Contributor

Let me add to the chorus of people requesting that you bring back the ability to add a simple caption below a photo in a block that uses wrapped text. I had been using a legacy version but that option is no longer available. This is a pretty basic request!

MishaK18
Rookie

Please add an inline or imbedded photo captioning tool to the photo toolbar or options. As shown in the screenshot below, there isn't an option to add text to a photo, which should be required as a profession courtesy to attribute the source. I tried adding a text box as the FAQs suggestion, but that's not possible with the layout below. The only other option is the split column layout, but it's not an attractive layout for stories with longer text. 

The customer service rep with whom I spoke today suggested adding text in the editor, but you can only add text over a photo, not below it. Then she suggested added a border first and adding the text over the border, but the border covers the photo and doesn't give the option to transform the photo within the border to display the whole image. Finally, she suggested using an external photo editor to add captions. 

These extra steps are extremely time consuming and could easily be avoided with a built-in phot captioning tool that adds text to any image. Most captions are below an image, but flexibility to add the text above, left and right would be great as well. 

Caption.PNG

LauraP533
Rookie

I will add my voice to the chorus of those who seriously need to be able to caption images (also, it's crazy that this hasn't been addressed in apparently five years?!). I would be so grateful for captioning to be added as a specific option; manipulating text blocks is cumbersome and doesn't result in a clean layout. Being able to caption images is a really basic publishing feature and it would make me more likely to renew my CC account in the future if it became an option. Thank you in advance for helping make this happen.

KathyM66
Campaign Contributor

YES, YES, YES to this! The time I spent manipulating blocks in order to add a caption (that typically does't look all that great) is ridiculous!

mkautzman
Rookie

Indeed. Followed this thread from 2016 - 2022 and STILL no way to do this? I'm about 30 minutes in to trying to add a caption to a single photo to make it look "ok".

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More