Captions for photos

I REALLY need to be able to add a caption under photos in our newsletters. The option of adding text on top of a photo is not a good option at all. The caption should be immediately beneath the photo in a stand alone text box. Also, it would be extremely helpful to be able to position a photo within an article anywhere within the photo -- not at the very top.
59 Comments
RobertE473
Occasional Participant

No I have not found a way to add a caption under an image in a text block directly. One work around, admittedly awkward, would be to create your image with text under it. Then do a screen shot of that which gives you a new image including the caption. Then insert that new image where you need it. 

JamesL38
Occasional Participant

There used to be a tab on the image menu  drop down to create a caption for an image without having to add a text box and then it messing up the rest of the email.  Now it is tedious at best to add a caption and it messes up the text and spacing.  Today I called for help and still it took me probably an extra hour to try and get everything in alignment.  One of the caption is still off center.  There used to be the option for the caption.....why would you take that away?  Please add it back into the image menu, please....it is very frustrating. 

AmandaM391
Participant

Why can't constant contact add a captioning function to the third generation? It was available in the previous generation AND folks have been complaining about this for FIVE years! What gives, CC? 

CharlesM89

Agreed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheFundforPeopleinParks
Frequent Participant

Hard to believe this was suggested 3 years ago and has not been fixed.  Please consider adding image captions to your functionality sooner rather than later.  This is a pretty basic ask for a communications tool such as Constant Contact.

MarkK3010
Participant

Amazed that adding a photo caption is not possible. May need to switch mail services.

YogaHeartSong
Participant

I agree, this new editor is really frustrating for some of the important things that are missing like easily adding captions and links to photos and being able to wrap text around a photo anywhere in the email instead of being stuck with making more text boxes etc. Wish I hadn't switched.

RuthN86
Health Practitioners & Centers

I agree with this; please advise how to do this. Thanks.

jstewart231
Occasional Participant

Desperately need photo captions back.  We have been waiting for an inordinate amount of time.  PHOTO CAPTIONS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!.  Also where is the ability for hyperlinks to photos and text.  My readers want the ability to go to a link and return with additional learned information.  The current editor is not an improvement without significant add ons.  

DaveH59
Participant

I totally agree that I would l would like to be able to put simple captions below photos within articles. This worked well in your previous system but does not work at all in the current one.

SOSF
Regular Participant

Yes, yes, yes! And why is it taking so long to do this!???

CharlesM89

They aren't listening!

GDEC
Regular Participant

Not all of us are using your service for commerce, and we sure could use the ability to add captions right under a picture to identify members and/or guests in our newsletter.  It is a waste of space to have to add a text element under a picture just to add a caption.  You can't get the caption up close enough to the picture.  

And speaking of pictures, why can't you insert a photo anywhere you want to in a text box?

VictorK7
Participant

I have gone from the previous editor to the new one with the blocks. A terrible disappointment. I spent a few frustrating hours trying to make it work to find out only that it can't be done. The separate text block for caption or embedding the caption in a photo that can be scaled is UNACCEPTABLE.  There are two immediate things that would make me happy.   

1. Have an easy way to add captions to an image that would follow the image. 

2. Place the image anywhere in the text block.   Now, I've got my story broken up into pieces to do that.  

WordPress is able to do this with blocks!   So, it IS possible.   I have used ConstantContact for more than 12 years and this is really a terrible setback. I decided NOT to use captions in my latest newsletter, but that's hokey. 

Please correct and make this work.  I run short newsletter articles and need continuity and natural placement of pictures in block whereever I want. 

Thank you for listening. 

Victor Kubik

JulieL34
Super Participant

Yup. me too.

Please "Fix" this.

JulieM59
Participant

I totally agree with the comments above. I am very unhappy with Constant Contact now. I would go back to the previous generation in a heartbeat if it were possible. I'm considering subscribing to a different email service.

KathyM66
Participant

Let me add to the chorus of people requesting that you bring back the ability to add a simple caption below a photo in a block that uses wrapped text. I had been using a legacy version but that option is no longer available. This is a pretty basic request!

MishaK18
Participant

Please add an inline or imbedded photo captioning tool to the photo toolbar or options. As shown in the screenshot below, there isn't an option to add text to a photo, which should be required as a profession courtesy to attribute the source. I tried adding a text box as the FAQs suggestion, but that's not possible with the layout below. The only other option is the split column layout, but it's not an attractive layout for stories with longer text. 

The customer service rep with whom I spoke today suggested adding text in the editor, but you can only add text over a photo, not below it. Then she suggested added a border first and adding the text over the border, but the border covers the photo and doesn't give the option to transform the photo within the border to display the whole image. Finally, she suggested using an external photo editor to add captions. 

These extra steps are extremely time consuming and could easily be avoided with a built-in phot captioning tool that adds text to any image. Most captions are below an image, but flexibility to add the text above, left and right would be great as well. 

Caption.PNG

LauraP533
Participant

I will add my voice to the chorus of those who seriously need to be able to caption images (also, it's crazy that this hasn't been addressed in apparently five years?!). I would be so grateful for captioning to be added as a specific option; manipulating text blocks is cumbersome and doesn't result in a clean layout. Being able to caption images is a really basic publishing feature and it would make me more likely to renew my CC account in the future if it became an option. Thank you in advance for helping make this happen.

What happens with product feedback?

Find out about the life-cycle of a product idea when it is posted on our Feedback board.

Read More

What's New

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More