Change content alignment on mobile or small screens

I'd love to be able to change the alignment of content when it gets onto a small screen.

In the current-gen editor, when I left-align content for desktop, it gets centered when shrunk down to a small screen. But when I right-align content for desktop, it stays right-aligned when the width is shrunk down to a mobile phone/small screen -- I'd love to be able to set behaviors for content at different page widths.

Thanks,

Sam

4 Comments
Chris__D
Employee
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hey @SamF32, thanks for sharing this feedback! I did some tests with my iPhone using the mail app and when I received my campaign, the text remains left aligned and didn't actually center itself. Could you tell me which device you are using to test the mobile design of the campaign? 

SamF32
Campaign Contributor

Hi Chris -

I'm using the Outlook app for iOS, but the behavior is visible in your own preview tool within the editor -- see the attached screenshots to get a better picture of my request.

When previewing in the CC editor, the desktop version of our footer looks like this:

nwh-footer-cc-desktop.png

Logos stacked, left-justified, address right justified. When viewing the mobile preview, though, things get weird:

nwh-footer-cc-mobile.png

Logos are still properly stacked, and now they're centered -- this I don't mind at all. But the text *doesn't* center, it stays right-justified. This behavior carries over to the Outlook iOS app, too:

nwh-footer-outlook.jpg

Any thoughts? Ideally I'd like to be able to set the alignment for content on large screens and small/mobile screens independently

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Voting Open

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Thank you for taking the time to explain to share your feedback on this feature request. We’ve compiled and discussed much of this feedback you’ve shared internally. There are no immediate developments pertaining to this request, but we are continuing to share the feedback and use cases discussed here. We will mark this as Acknowledged and will post any updates we may hear from our teams.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More