Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Change "Update Profile" to "Update Email Preferences" in email footer as alternative to Unsubscribe.

I don't think most people on my email list think of themselves as having a profile and no one in the history of me using Constant Contact for 10+ years has clicked on that link instead of "SafeUnsubscribe" right above it. The language choice could be much clearer to help us all retain people on our lists and give them options to receive fewer emails rather than opt out completely.

6 Comments
I have just recently understood (to my horror) that when someone unsubscribes from an email for our marketing partners that also excludes them from ALL lists. Other email service providers allow a list of emails to choose to unsubscribe rather than from ALL. I doubt that ANYONE would have a clue that they needed to update their profile to continue getting Continuity eGUIDE which we have published since 2003. It doesn't have to be complicated -- can be very simple if it is set up properly. Would you consider this change? Thanks in advance.
Candace_M
Employee
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hello @PublisherKathy,

You actually do have a way to accomplish this in Constant Contact today! If you want customers to choose what list they can unsubscribe themselves from all you have to do is select the lists on the update profile form. The only thing to note is that customers will see the names of the lists you have selected. Learn more here.

Where would you expect to see this option?

Were you looking for information on how to do this? What were you looking for?

Mel2000
Constant Contact Partner

We have people that either accidentally opt-out of our email distribution list on a regular basis (sometimes intentionally and sometimes by accident). I wish I didn't have to make several phone calls and jump through hoops to get them added back. 

Candace_M
Employee
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hello @Mel2000,

Thanks for reaching out to us on this! Are you aware that you can select multiple lists on your update profile form so customers have the option to select specific mailing lists to opt out of? 

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Closed - No Action

Thank you for taking the time to post in the Community. We haven't heard back from you so we are going to close this idea. This doesn't mean that we aren't listening to your feedback! If you would like to continue the conversation, please feel free to reply here in the Community or vote on any of the other open ideas to let us know what you would like to see.

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Information

There are a few requests in this post regarding the Update Profile form. The form can be updated to display lists that contacts would like to subscribe to. See how to edit the Update Profile form here. For other requests, please comment on the below thread:

More editing options for the Update Profile form

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More