Collapsible paragraphs

We would love an option that allows for lengthy paragraphs to have a collapsible ability that had a "read more" button. I see that you have a button for "read more" but this links to a website. We would rather it collapse the text to "read more" button. Thank you, Carolin Wood at Cornerstone Fellowship

Top Answer
Kyle_R
Administrator

Hello,

Thanks for all of the feedback, this is a popular request. We are updating the status of this to Under Consideration while we look into the best way to implement this. This is a request we’ve been monitoring and considering. When you see this feature on websites, it is typically achieved with JavaScript which isn’t supported in most email inboxes. There are some other ways in which it could be implemented, but we would need to make sure it works as intended across all email clients. Some may not support the code required, which is why we haven’t been as quick to act on this. Additionally, linking off to a website via a hyperlink or button would generate click data which can be important for gauging interest and the ability to follow up with interested subscribers. One thing to consider is that collapsible sections wouldn’t allow for that same level of insight. We do see how it is useful from a design and layout perspective though.

We’ll keep this thread updated on any advancements.

56 Comments
naturalresources
Marketing Legend

This would be amazing!!

Chucktbi
Campaign Expert

"Read more" would be an extremely useful feature to have in the email templates. 

Development Team: Please add this feature to the email templates.

HeatherD456
Rookie

I would also love this option!

shanna
Rookie

Great idea!

We NEED This! Shocked you don't offer it. I see it frequently in other platforms' emails.

FLCEnvCtr
Rookie

This feature would be incredibly useful!

MichaelM5290
Rookie

Agree completely.  Capability to add a "read more" link that extends the active text frame and reveals masked content. Maybe I'm imagining it, but didn't Constant Contact use to offer this capability a long time ago?

KrisDucett
Rookie

Yes, all of the above. Please, already.

SusieK46
Rookie
YES, we really need this option, or plugin! Thanks
ChristinaP570
Rookie

Agree - please add this to your functionality roadmap

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More