Collapsible paragraphs

We would love an option that allows for lengthy paragraphs to have a collapsible ability that had a "read more" button. I see that you have a button for "read more" but this links to a website. We would rather it collapse the text to "read more" button. Thank you, Carolin Wood at Cornerstone Fellowship
44 Comments
Frequent Visitor

Yes, all of the above. Please, already.

YES, we really need this option, or plugin! Thanks

Agree - please add this to your functionality roadmap

Yes, please, ditto!

I'd like to see this used more broadly and have accordion style sections. For instance, we are an arts organization and I'd like to have the "theatre" section open and all other sections closed until you tap or click on it. So if you want to see the "music" section you tap and that section expands.

I'd like to add accordion style sections. For instance, we are an arts organization and I'd like to have the "theatre" section open and all other sections closed until you tap or click on it. So if you want to see the "music" section you tap and that section expands. Our emails are getting very lengthy and I'd like to tighten them up.

YES please!!!!

Retail

Yes, I agree that this is a great idea.

We have long newsletters and this would be so helpful! 

Contributing Solution Provider

The "read More" link does not conform to Accessibility standards, so a disabled user or their AI software is unable to know the context of the link and is not warned that it take them off the newsletter. Not good for companies with disabled persons in their organisation or on their list. Band for branding and reputation when you exclude people.

Frequent Visitor

Yes, my boss REEEEEALLY wants to me to do this!

Occasional Organizer

Someone just asked me about this today, and I wasn't sure if this was an option. Looks like it's not. 

Yes! This would be a great feature! 

Can I do this now or is it still not viable? 

Administrator

Hi @Barakat_Arti. The Read More block will bring readers to an external link and we have not made any changes to this block to have it expand and show an entire article within the email. If there are any updates to share, we will comment on this thread. 

Occasional Contributor

Pleeeeeeeez develop a "read more" block with a collapsable paragraph instead of having to link to a web page.I'M NOT A PROGRAMMER! I send emails. Why force me to learn another skill set or use another platform or hire a programmer. Please fix this fault in your design.

What other platforms (beside Constant Contact) do folks use to achieve this? 

Occasional Contributor

It's very annoying to not have a read more button. The solution is to attach a document to a "read more" link that has the full article. Unfortunately, that opens the new full-text document in the same window and the user loses the full newsletter unless they are intuitive enough to use the "back" button. 

2-1/2 years later THIS IS STILL BADLY NEEDED.

Why so hard, CC?

Established Member

Amen. Please enable that feature!